My nephew turned 7 this week and I made this quick card for him using the Blast Off stamp set from Stampin’ Up.
I covered the little astronaut with Crystal Effects to make it appear as though he was peeking out of a window, that doesn’t show particularly well in the big photo so here is a closer view:
Here is the list of products that you will need to make this card:
- Blast Off (125944 wood, 125946 clear)
- 1-1/4″ Circle Punch (119861)
- Scallop Oval Punch (119856)
- Extra-Large Oval Punch (119859)
- 3/8″ Basics Glimmer Brads (121003)
- Crystal Effects (101055)
- Silver Stampin’ Emboss Powder (109131)
- Gold Stampin’ Emboss Powder (109129)
- Tangerine Tango Stampin’ Emboss Powder (123106)
- VersaMark Pad (102283)
- Heat Tool (129053)
- Tangerine Tango Classic Stampin’ Pad (126946)
- Daffodil Delight Classic Stampin’ Pad (126944)
- Soft Suede (119703) & Blush Blossom (100037) Stampin’ Write Markers
- Midnight Muse Card Stock (126843)
- Tangerine Tango Card Stock (111349)
- Brushed Silver Card Stock (100712)
- Whisper White Card Stock (100730)
- Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430)
- Stampin’ Pierce Mat (126199)
- Paper-Piercing Tool (126189)
- Stamp-a-ma-jig (101049)
- Silicone Craft Sheet (127853)
I started with a Tangerine Tango card base cut to 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ and scored at 4-1/4″. Then I cut a panel of Brushed Silver Card Stock to 4″ x 5-1/4″ and I adhered it to the Tangerine Tango card base with SNAIL. Next, I cut a panel of Midnight Muse Card Stock to 3-3/4″ x 5″ and I stamped the rocket image from the Blast Off stamp set in VersaMark ink, sprinkled it with Silver Stampin’ Emboss Powder and heat embossed it. Then I stamped the moon and planet on the panel with VersaMark ink, sprinkled them with Gold Stampin’ Emboss Powder and heat embossed them. Next, I stamped the flames on the bottom of the rocket using my Stamp-a-ma-jig in VersaMark ink, sprinkled them with Tangerine Tango Stampin’ Emboss Powder and heat embossed them. I did stamp and emboss the flame images individually so that I wouldn’t smear them when I placed the Stamp-a-ma-jig . Then I stamped the astronaut in VersaMark ink on Whisper White Card Stock, sprinkled him with Tangerine Tango Stampin’ Emboss Powder and heat embossed the image. I colored his face and hair with my Stampin’ Write Markers and I punched him out with the 1-1/4″ Circle Punch. I placed the punched image on my Silicone Craft Sheet and covered the entire circle with a thick layer of Crystal Effects. I let that dry completely while I assembled the rest of the card. I stamped the sentiment from the Blast Off stamp set in Tangerine Tango ink on Whisper White Card Stock and I stamped the shooting star image over the sentiment in Daffodil Delight. I punched the sentiment out using the Scalloped Oval Punch and I adhered it with SNAIL to an Extra-Large Oval punched out of Tangerine Tango. Then I adhered the sentiment layers to the card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals. I wanted to add a few more stars, so I used the Paper-Piercing Tool to punch four random holes in the Midnight Muse panel and I placed a gold Glimmer Brad through each hole. Then I adhered the Midnight Muse panel to the card front using SNAIL. Once the astronaut had finished drying, I adhered him to the card front using SNAIL also.
If you used Crystal Effects with regular ink, it can cause your image to appear a little fuzzy because the ink will bleed a bit. To avoid the fuzzy lines when using Crystal Effects, stamp the image in StazOn Jet Black or heat emboss it and it will look great! And the Silicone Craft Sheet worked fabulously with the Crystal Effects. The goopy mess that I made peeled right off once it dried. Another must have for a messy gluer like me. 🙂
Don’t forget to leave me a comment over the weekend about your favorite Sale-a-bration item on my post from yesterday so that you have a chance to win some blog candy!! You can see the post by clicking here.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Shop Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions.
- Don’t forget that I’ve got a January ordering special where you could win the Snow Much Fun stamp set! Click on my Rewards tab above to read all about it.
- Plus Stampin’ Up has the My Little Valentine Promotion and the Valentine Treat Bundle going on now through January 21, click on my Promotions tab above to read all about it.
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack Blitz here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!