I used the Stampin’ Up! Moroccan Nights and Places You’ll Go stamp sets to create my card for the Happy Stampers blog hop. We’ve got a sketch challenge this week and this is what I created for it.
Here is the sketch that we’re using this week:
I started by adhering a panel from the Moroccan DSP to the front of an Early Espresso card base with Multipurpose Liquid Glue. I use liquid glue to adhere the larger panels so that I’ve got some wiggle time to get everything lined up along the edges.
I stamped the three lantern images from the Moroccan Nights stamp set individually on a panel of Early Espresso card stock and heat embossing each image with Copper Stampin’ Emboss Powder so that I didn’t smudge the images next to it. I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to make sure that the images were placed exactly where I wanted them.
I stamped the border image from the Moroccan Nights stamp set in Early Espresso ink twice across the Early Espresso card stock panel (using my Stamp-a-ma-jig for placement). I adhered the panel to a panel of Delightful Dijon card stock with SNAIL and then to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I stamped the sentiment from the Places You’ll Go photopolymer stamp set in Early Espresso ink on a strip of Moroccan Nights DSP. I punched both ends of the DSP with the Banner Triple Punch and then looped and adhered a strand of Copper Metallic Thread with a Glue Dot to the back. I adhered the sentiment strip to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals and added a Rhinestone Basic Jewel next to the sentiment to finish it.
I adhered a strip of the Moroccan DSP to a panel of Very Vanilla card stock inside the card.
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what Shelagh Freemantle has created today.
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
- Sandi MacIver
- Amy Koenders – You Are Here
- Shelagh Freemantle
- Mary Deatherage
- Jari Francis
- Kristi Gray
August 1 – 15 Host Code: 2BVYQ7DB
Use this host code when you order and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $8.00 in 2016-17 Annual Catalog! See my Rewards page for full details.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!
- In addition to my online store, also take PayPal payments for orders – Check my Rewards page for more information.
- I offer gift certificates for Stampin’ Up! merchandise too! Click on my Gift Certificates page for more information.
Card stock cuts for these projects:
- Early Espresso – 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ card base, 3-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ panel
- Delightful Dijon – 3-3/8″ x 5-1/2″ panel
- Very Vanilla – 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel (inside the card)
- Moroccan Designer Series Paper – 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ panel, 3/4″ x 4″ strip, 5/8″ x 5-1/4″ strip (inside card)
Stampin’ Up! items used to create these projects: