I used the Stampin’ Up! Best Catch stamp set bundle to create a Father’s Day card…this could also be used as a birthday card for dad too! The Best Catch stamp set and Catch of the Day Thinlits Dies will be in the Annual Catalog for the next year, but the bundle pricing will be going away so be sure to get yours before June 3 to save 10%!
My card design is very loosely based on Global Design Project 190.
I started by embossing a panel of Balmy Blue card stock with the Pinewood Planks Embossing Folder. I adhered the embossed panel to a panel of Crumb Cake card stock and then to a Soft Suede card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I stamped the images from the Best Catch stamp set in Soft Suede ink on a panel of Whisper White card stock and then colored them with Light Old Olive, Cajun Craze, Soft Suede, Crumb Cake and Balmy Blue Stampin’ Blends Markers and the Ivory Stampin’ Blends Marker. I cut the images with the coordinating Catch of the Day Thinlits Dies and then adhered them with Multipurpose Liquid Glue and Stampin’ Dimensionals. I stamped the sentiment from the Best Catch stamp set in Soft Suede ink on a panel of Crumb Cake card stock and then cut it out with one of the Rectangle Stitched Framelits Dies.
I adhered a small length of the 1/4″ Copper Trim with SNAIL to the back of the sentiment and then adhered it with Stampin’ Dimensionals to the card front. I colored a few of the Rhinestone Basic Jewels with Dark Balmy Blue Stampin’ Blends and then adhered them above the fish to finish the card front.
I stamped the hook image from the Best Catch stamp set in Soft Suede in on a panel of Whisper White card stock to finish the inside of the card.
You can see a list of supplies used to create this card, including card stock cuts, at the very bottom of this blog post.
May 16-31 Host Code: DRCRHW34
Use this host code when you order and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in the 2018-19 Annual Catalog or in the 2019 Occasions Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets! See my Rewards page for full details.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!
- In addition to my online store, also take PayPal payments for orders – Check my Rewards page for more information.
- I offer gift certificates for Stampin’ Up! merchandise too! Click on my Gift Certificates page for more information.
Card stock cuts for this project:
- Soft Suede – 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ card base scored at 4-1/4″
- Crumb Cake – 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel, Rectangle Stitched Framelits die cut
- Balmy Blue – 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″ panel
- Whisper White – two Catch of the Day Thinlits die cuts, 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel (inside card)
Stampin’ Up! items used to create this project: