I used the Stampin’ Up! Welcoming Woods stamp set and the Intricate Leaves Dies to create my project for the Happy Inkin’ Thursday Blog Hop. We’ve got a theme challenge this week and this is what I made for it.
Here is the theme for our hop this week:
My card design was inspired by the sketch from the Fusion Challenge this week:
I started by embossing a panel of Basic White card stock with the Timeworn Type 3D Embossing Folder. I adhered the embossed panel to the front of a Thick Basic White card base with Multipurpose Liquid Glue. Then I cut a panel of Beauty Of The Earth DSP with one of the Stitched Rectangle Dies. I extended the die cut a bit by rolling it half way through the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine and then backing it out, sliding the die over just a bit on the paper, lining up the stitches and then rolling it back through from the other side half way.
I stamped the sentiment from the Welcoming Woods photopolymer stamp set in VersaMark Ink on the die cut DSP panel, sprinkled it with gold embossing powder from the Metallics Embossing Powders and then heat embossed it. I adhered the die cut panel to a panel of Early Espresso card stock and then to the card front with Stampin’ Seal.
I cut the leaves and branches from one of the gold papers from the Gold & Rose Gold 6″ x 6″ Specialty Paper and then colored one of the leaves and the branch with Dark Cherry Cobbler and Dark Soft Suede Stampin’ Blends Markers. I adhered the three die cut leaves with Multipurpose Liquid Glue and then added two Brushed Metallic Adhesive-Backed Dots to finish the card front.
I stamped the sentiment from the Welcoming Woods stamp set in Early Espresso ink and the leaves from the Gorgeous Leaves stamp set in Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler and Sahara Sand inks on a panel of Basic White card stock to finish the inside of the card.
You can see a list of supplies used to create this project, including the card stock cuts, at the very bottom of this blog post.
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what Mary Deatherage has created today.
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
- Amy Koenders – You Are Here
- Mary Deatherage
- Kristi Gray
- Jaimie Babarczy
- Sue Prather
- Karen Finkle
- Akiko Sudano
- Karen Ksenzakovic
I’ve created a printable PDF with written instructions and a list of products used to create this project. You can download, print and/or save it by clicking this image:
September 1-15 Host Code: NEQDVTR2
Use this host code when you order $50 or greater and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in the 2021-22 Annual Catalog or July-December 2021 Mini Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets! See my Rewards page for full details.
***Make sure that you can see my name on the final checkout page listed as your Demonstrator when you order so that you know that you’re ordering with me and you’ll get my rewards!
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
- Visit my online store here. Or scan the QR code below to go right to my online store via mobile device:
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!
- Interested in purchasing a Starter Kit so that you can save at least 20% on every order that you place? Check out the details here.
- In addition to my online store, also take PayPal payments for orders – Check my Rewards page for more information.
- I offer gift certificates for Stampin’ Up! merchandise too! Click on my Gift Certificates page for more information.
- Follow me on:
Card stock cuts for this project:
- Thick Basic White – 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ card base scored at 4-1/4″
- Early Espresso – 1-3/4″ x 4-3/4″ panel
- Basic White – 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ panel, 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel (inside card)
- Beauty Of The Earth Designer Series Paper – Stitched Rectangle die cut
- Gold & Rose Gold 6″ x 6″ Specialty Paper – three Intricate Leaves die cuts
Stampin’ Up! products used to create this project: