Today I’m sharing a card that I made using the new Ovals Collection Framelits Dies from the 2013 Spring Catalog from Stampin’ Up.
Here is the list of products that you will need to make this card:
- Stylin’ Snowfolk (126285 wood, 126287 clear)
- Perfectly Penned (122890 wood, 122892 clear)
- Ovals Collection Framelits Dies (available Jan. 3, 129381)
- Simply Scored Scoring Tool (122334)
- Northern Flurry Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (120902)
- Heat & Stick Powder (100625)
- Dazzling Diamonds Stampin’ Glitter (102023)
- Heat Tool (129053)
- Real Red 1/4″ Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon (126875)
- Old Olive (100079), Early Espresso (119680) & Real Red (100052) Stampin’ Write Markers
- VersaMark Pad (102283)
- StazOn Jet Black (101406)
- Pumpkin Pie Classic Ink Pad (126945)
- Old Olive Classic Ink Pad (126953)
- Real Red Classic Ink Pad (126949)
- Daffodil Delight Classic Ink Pad (126944)
- Early Espresso Classic Ink Pad (126974)
- Old Olive Card Stock (100702)
- Bashful Blue Card Stock (1105120)
- Whisper White Card Stock (100730)
- Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430)
- Stamping Sponges (101610)
I started by cutting a scallop oval in Whisper White and in Old Olive. I scored the edge of the Whisper White oval at 1/2″ so that I would have a place to adhere the back to the oval card front.
Then I went to work on the card front. I started by embossing the Old Olive scallop circle with the Northern Flurry embossing folder. I embossed it by rolling it through completely through the Big Shot the first time, then I only rolled it half way through the second time to prevent smashing the already embossed part. I adhered the Old Olive and Whisper White scallop ovals together at the edge to create the card base.
The next piece of the card was the snowman. I used the Stylin’ Snowfolk stamp set and I stamped the Snowman, arms, face and the little tree images on Whisper White Card Stock using Stazon Jet Black, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Early Espresso & Daffodil Delight ink. I used my Real Red Stampin’ Write Marker to color the little red dots for the garland on the tree and I colored over the tree trunk using my Early Espresso marker. I used Old Olive and Real Red markers to color the buttons and I stamped them on the snowman. Then, on a separate piece of Whisper White Card Stock, I stamped the scarf in Real Red ink and I colored the hat & mittens with Real Red & Old Olive markers and I stamped them on the same sheet. I cut the hat, mittens and scarf out with my scissors and set them aside. Next, I cut the snowman out with the Oval Collection Framelits Die and I sponged the edges with Bashful Blue ink.
Then I cut a larger oval with the Oval Framelits from Bashful Blue Card Stock. I stamped the sentiment from the Perfectly Penned stamp set at the top of the oval in Old Olive ink. I stamped the little snowflakes all over the Bashful Blue oval and around the edges of the snowman image using VersaMark ink and I sprinkled them with Heat & Stick Powder and heated it up with my Heat Tool. Then I sprinkled the snowflakes with Dazzling Diamonds Stampin’ Glitter and I heat set the snowflakes again.
I finished up the card by adding strip of tied Real Red 1/4″ Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon to the Bashful Blue oval. I adhered the Bashful Blue oval to the Old Olive card base. Then I adhered the snowman image to the Bashful Blue oval using Stampin’ Dimensionals. Finally, I adhered the hat, mittens and scarf using Stampin’ Dimensionals.