I used the Trendy Trims and And Many More stamp sets and the Takeout Boxes from Stampin’ Up! to create some holiday gift boxes for the Stamping and Blogging sketch this week. Be sure to stop by the other design team members blogs to see what they’ve created with this sketch.
My gift boxes are very loosely based on this weeks Stamping and Blogging SB84 sketch.
I started by stamping the snowflake image from the Trendy Trims photopolymer stamp set in Whisper White Craft Stampin’ Ink all over the Takeout Boxes. I used my Heat Tool to quickly dry the ink. You don’t need to use the Heat Tool to dry the ink, I’m just impatient and didn’t want to wait. 🙂
I assembled the boxes according to the instructions (they’re really quick, just a few folds and tucks), then tied a strand of Real Red 3/8″ Satin Woven Ribbon around each box. To make the shaker tag:
- I punched two panels of the Under the Tree Speciality DSP with the Tree Punch.
- Punched around the trees with the 2-1/2″ Circle Punch.
- Punched 2-1/2″ Circle Punches from a Window Sheet and I adhered them with Fast Fuse to the back of the circles
- I used the edge pieces from a Sheet of Stampin’ Dimensionals to create a little frame around the tree punches.
- Filled the frames with Frosted Sequins
- Cut two larger circles with a Circles Collection Framelits Die from the Under the Tree DSP and adhered them to the Stampin’ Dimensional frames.
To decorate the tags:
- Punched stars from Gold Glimmer Paper with the star punch from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack and I adhered them to the top of the trees with Glue Dots.
- Stamped the sentiment from the And Many More stamp set in Real Red ink on Whisper White card stock twice, cut the sentiments out with a Bitty Banners Framelits die and adhered them with Glue Dots to the tag.
- I poked a hole in the top of the tag with my Paper-Piercing Tool and I used a piece of Linen Thread to tie the tags to the boxes.
I stamped the image from the To & From stamp set in Real Red ink twice on a Whisper White panel and punched them out with a 2″ Circle Punch. I adhered the circle punches to the back of the tags with SNAIL.
I’m heading to the 2015 Occasions Catalog Premiere tonight here in Atlanta and I can’t wait! I’ll have the new catalog in my hands in a few short hours…yippee!! And I’ll be ordering on Friday and sharing projects just as soon as I can. 🙂
Now that you’ve seen my project, be sure to stop by the other Stamping & Blogging Design Team Member’s blogs to see what they’ve created with this sketch.
- Sandi MacIver – USA
- Michelle Last – UK
- Claire Daly – Australia
- Marine Wiplier – France
- Shelagh Freemantle – Canada
- Kerstin Kreis – Germany
- Patrice Halliday-Larsen – New Zealand
You can find a complete list of supplies, including card stock cuts, at the very bottom of this post.
December 1-15 Hostess Code: TQZZDSGR
Use this hostess code when you order and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift for December is your choice of any item valued up to $8.95 in either the 2014-15 Annual Catalog or the 2014 Holiday Catalog!
Weekly Deals From Stampin’ Up! Dec 2-8
Here are this weeks Weekly Deals:
Click here to see the Weekly Deals from Stampin’ Up! in my online store. The Weekly Deals are only while supplies last and only available at these great prices through December 8.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!
- In addition to my online store, also take PayPal payments for orders – Check my Rewards page for more information.
- I offer gift certificates for Stampin’ Up! merchandise too! Click on my Gift Certificates page for more information.
- Whisper White – two Bitty Banners Framelits die cuts, two 2″ Circle Punches
- Gold Glimmer Paper – two Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack punches
- Under the Tree Specialty Designer Series Paper – two 2-1/2″ Circle Punches, two Circles Framelits die cuts
- Window Sheets – two 2-1/2″ Circle Punches
Stampin’ Up! items used to create this project:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
Love the little tree shakers.
Thanks so much Lynn! 🙂
Wonderful Amy ! And I don’t think they are loosely based on the sketch, they are perfectly based on the sketch 🙂
Thanks so much Marine! 🙂
Ok I’m totally in love with these little shaker tags – what an awesome idea and the perfect touch to those cute Takeout boxes!…
Thanks Sandi! Glad that you liked them, they’re so fun and easy to make!! 🙂
Amy, those shaker tree tags are adorable!
Thanks Terri! 🙂
WOW what a great idea Amy, it is genius to use a gift tag to replicate the sketch – love it!!
Thank you Michelle!! 🙂
These are soooo cute. And the tags….I really need to do that shaker thing! I would love to receive a cute little box like this. Thanks and hugs Shelagh.
Thanks so much Shelagh!! 🙂
Wow love what you have done with this weeks sketch 🙂 the tags are gorgeous.
Thanks Patrice! 🙂