I used the Hello You Thinlits Dies and the Alphabet Rotary Stamp from Stampin’ Up! to create my card for the Stamping and Blogging Sketch Challenge this week. Once you’ve checked out my card, be sure to stop by the other Design Team Member’s Blogs to see their fantastic creations!
Here is the Stamping and Blogging SB88 that was the inspiration for my card:
The design for my card was also inspired by The Paper Players #228.
I started by adhering three banners that I’d cut from a sheet from the Adventure Bound DSP Stack to a panel of Early Espresso card stock with SNAIL. I created the banner by punching the ends of the strips with my Hexagon Punch, then trimming away the excess.
I adhered a thin strip of leftover Adventure Bound DSP to the top of the panel with touches of Multipurpose Liquid Glue. Then I stamped the “& THANKS” sentiment with the Alphabet Rotary Stamp in Early Espresso ink on two of the banners.
I cut the sentiment three times from Early Espresso card stock with the Hello You Thinlits Dies. I layered the die cuts one on top of the other, adhering them together and then to the card front with a little bit of Multipurpose Liquid Glue. It’s a little hard to see in the picture, but the layered sentiment looks a little 3-D when you stack it up.
***Quick Tip: When you’re adhering thin die cuts together with liquid glue, place them on your Silicone Craft Sheet so that if you have a little glue ooze out between the layers, your sentiment will peel right off the Silicone Craft Sheet rather than stick to your work surface or another paper.
I wrapped a strand of Linen Thread around the panel three times and tied it through a Basic Metal Button. I adhered the button to the card front with a Glue Dot, then added two Silver Mini Staples with the Handheld Stapler to give it a little more rustic look. I adhered the decorated panel to a Sahara Sand card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I adhered a strip of Adventure Bound DSP to a strip of Sahara Sand card stock, then to a panel of Naturals White card stock to finish the inside of the card.
Now that you’ve seen my project, be sure to stop by the other Stamping & Blogging Design Team Member’s blogs to see what they’ve created with this sketch.
- Michelle Last – UK
- Lee Conrey – USA
- Caroline van der Straaten – Netherlands
- Marine Wiplier – France
- Shelagh Freemantle – Canada
- Kerstin Kreis – Germany
- Patrice Halliday-Larsen – New Zealand
You can find a complete list of supplies, including card stock cuts, at the very bottom of this post.
January 16-31 Hostess Code: VZD74WFK
Use this hostess code when you order and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift for January is your choice of any item valued up to $8.95 in either the 2014-15 Annual Catalog or the 2015 Occasions Catalog!
For those of you in and around the Altanta, GA area I will have a table at the Heirloom Productions Rubber Stamp & Paper Arts Festival on Jan 31 & Feb 1, 2015. You can see more information about this event by clicking here. Hope to see you all there!
Weekly Deals From Stampin’ Up! Jan 20-26
Here are this weeks Weekly Deals:
Click here to see the Weekly Deals from Stampin’ Up! in my online store. The Weekly Deals are only while supplies last and only available at these great prices through January 20.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
- It’s Sale-A-Bration Time!! Earn a free item for every $50 that you purchase. Click here to read all about it.
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!
- In addition to my online store, also take PayPal payments for orders – Check my Rewards page for more information.
- I offer gift certificates for Stampin’ Up! merchandise too! Click on my Gift Certificates page for more information.
- Sahara Sand – 4-1/4″ x 11″ card base, 1/2″ x 4″ strip (inside card)
- Early Espresso – 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel, three Hello You Thinlits Dies die cuts
- Naturals White – 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel (inside card)
- Adventure Bound Designer Series Paper Stack – three 1-1/2″ x 5-1/4″ strips, 1/8″ x 4″ strip, 3/8″ x 4″ strip (inside card)
Stampin’ Up! items used to create this project: