I used the Stampin’ Up! Embellished Ornaments stamp set to create my card to share with you today. Before I get to my card, I wanted to wish you all a safe and happy halloween! I’m looking forward to seeing all of the costumes on the trick-or treaters tonight. I bought a few extra bags of candy just in case we have a lot of kids trick-or-treating…and if I happen to have bought a bag or two too many, that would be very unfortunate. 😉
My card design was inspired by Mojo Monday 421.
I started by stamping a panel of Very Vanilla card stock with the sentiment from the Embellished Ornaments stamp set in Real Red ink. I embossed the panel with the Softly Falling Embossing Folder, then adhered the stamped panel to a panel of Real Red card stock with SNAIL.
I punch two corners of a panel from the Home for Christmas Designer Series Paper with the Curvy Corner Trio Punch, then adhered it to the embossed panel with SNAIL. I adhered the lower part of a strand of Real Red 1/4″ Cotton Ribbon with SNAIL over the left edge of the DSP panel. I left the top loose so that I could run it through the top of the ornament to make it appear as though the ornament was hanging from the ribbon strand.
I cut the ornament pieces from Gold Foil Sheets, Red Foil Sheets and Silver Foil Sheets with the Delicate Ornament Thinlits Dies. I adhered the three ornament die cuts together with Multipurpose Liquid Glue, then to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I pulled the strand of Real Red 1/4″ Cotton Ribbon through the top of the ornament, then adhered the ribbon to the card front with SNAIL. I tied a bow from Gold 1/8″ Ribbon and adhered it to the top of the ornament with a Glue Dot, then adhered the layered panel to a Real Red card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I stamped the sentiment from the Embellished Ornaments stamp set in Real Red ink on a panel of Very Vanilla card stock. I inked the holly image from the Embellished Ornaments stamp set in Real Red ink, stamped it on scrap paper twice, then stamped it over the left side of the panel inside the card.
You can find a complete list of supplies, including card stock cuts, at the very bottom of this post.
October 16-31 Host Code: XR3BWDA4
November 1-15 Host Code: EGRZSSYJ
Use this host code when you order and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $8.00 in the 2015 Holiday Catalog or 2015-16 Annual Catalog! See my Rewards page for full details.
Weekly Deals From Stampin’ Up! Oct 27-Nov 2
Here are this weeks Weekly Deals:
Click here to see the Weekly Deals from Stampin’ Up! in my online store. The Weekly Deals are only while supplies last and only available at these great prices through November 2.
Backorder List From Stampin’ Up!
Stampin’ Up! has provided us with the list of items currently on backorder with their anticipated in-stock dates.
Currently, the following items are on BACKORDER; backordered items will be available on or before the date indicated:
- 138281: Lots of Labels Framelits Dies (218 backordered; 336 expected. 336 more expected 6 November)
- 138288: Brick Wall Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (2,046 backordered; 4,680 expected)
- 139670: Sleigh Ride Edgelits Dies (3,931 backordered; 1,536 expected. 6,912 more expected 6 November)
- 139673: Woodland Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (16,237 backordered; 9,792 expected. 6,048 more expected 15 November; 4,248 more expected 1 December)
- 139639: Home for Christmas Designer Buttons (924 backordered; 2,016 expected)
- 139647: To You and Yours Shaker Cards Project Kit (570 backordered; 4,000 expected)
- 139615: Real Red and Garden Green 1/8″ Striped Ribbon (912 backordered; 12,000 expected)
- 139622: Spider Web Paper Doilies (2,446 backordered; 6,930 expected)
- 139683: Curvy Corner Trio Punch (2,591 backordered; 4,200 expected)
- 139666: Hearth & Home Thinlits Dies (7,755 backordered; 16,948 expected)
- 138283: Leaflets Framelits Dies (2,567 backordered; 912 expected. 5,040 more expected 1 December)
- 138309: Fine-Tip Glue Pen (4,173 backordered; 2,700 expected. 4,050 more expected 23 November)
- 139643: Reindeer Paper Clips (512 backordered; 10,368 expected)
- 138401: Gold Metallic Thread (219 backordered; 2,560 expected)
- 139638: Snowflake Elements (3,149 backordered; 15,120 expected)
- 138317: Corrugated Paper (94 backordered; 2,000 expected)
I will continue to post the updated list as Stampin’ Up! provides the to us, so be sure to check my blog before ordering to avoid frustration when items are unavailable.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!
- In addition to my online store, also take PayPal payments for orders – Check my Rewards page for more information.
- I offer gift certificates for Stampin’ Up! merchandise too! Click on my Gift Certificates page for more information.
- Real Red – 4-1/4″ x 11″ card base, 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel
- Very Vanilla – 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″ panel, 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel (inside card)
- Home for Christmas Designer Series Paper – 1-3/4″ x 3-1/2″ panel
- Gold Foil Sheets – Delicate Ornament Thinlits die cut
- Red Foil Sheets – Delicate Ornament Thinlits die cut
- Silver Foil Sheets – Delicate Ornament Thinlits die cut
Stampin’ Up! items used to create this project:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
Beautiful card. your interpretation of the sketch amazes me! so perfect for it! thanks for sharing.
Thanks so much Susan! 🙂
Just absolutely stunning!
Thanks Jari!! 🙂
Pretty card! I agree with you, leftover Halloween candy presents such an unfortunate problem 🙂
Thanks Terri! Glad that I’m not the only one who buys a few “extra” bags of goodies. 😉
Love that die cut ornament! Fabulous Card 😀
Thanks so much!! 🙂