I used the Stampin’ Up! Suite Sayings and Wetlands stamp sets to create my card for this weeks Fab Friday sketch challenge. The background panel for my project was inspired by this beautiful card created by Amanda Bates.
Here is the Fab Friday #91 Sketch:
I started by stamping the little birds from the Wetlands stamp set twice in Soft Suede ink on a panel of the Scenic Saying DSP. I adhered the DSP panel to a panel of Island Indigo card stock, then to a Crumb Cake card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I inked the top part of the sentiment from the Suite Sayings stamp set in Island Indigo ink, then colored the bottom with a Crumb Cake Stampin’ Write Marker and I stamped it on a panel of Crumb Cake card stock. I stamped the starfish #1 image from the Picture Perfect photopolymer stamp set in Crumb Cake ink three times over the panel, then cut it out with a Lots of Labels Framelits die.
I cut a panel of Island Indigo card stock with the same Lots of Labels Framelits Die. I cut the die cut panel at an angle, then slid the two pieces slightly apart and adhered them to the back of the stamped Crumb Cake die cut with SNAIL. I adhered the layered die cut to the card front with SNAIL.
I used Glue Dots to adhere a strip of 5/8″ Burlap Ribbon to itself and then to the card front, then I pulled a strand of Linen Thread through a Classy Designer Button, tied a bow and adhered it with Glue Dots over the Burlap Ribbon. I added a single Metal Rimmed Pearl to finish the card front.
I stamped the little birds in Soft Suede ink on a panel of Very Vanilla card stock, then sponged the bottom edge slightly with Island Indigo ink on the inside of the card.
You can find a complete list of supplies, including card stock cuts, at the very bottom of this post.
Head on over to the Fab Friday challenge blog to see what the other design team members have created. Hope that you’ll play along too!
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!
- In addition to my online store, also take PayPal payments for orders – Check my Rewards page for more information.
- I offer gift certificates for Stampin’ Up! merchandise too! Click on my Gift Certificates page for more information.
Card stock cuts for this project:
- Crumb Cake – 4-1/4″ x 11″ card base, Lots of Labels Framelits die cut
- Island Indigo – 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel, Lots of Labels Framelits die cut
- Very Vanilla – 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel (inside card)
- Serene Scenery Designer Series Paper Stack – 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″ panel
Stampin’ Up! items used to create this project: