I used the Stampin’ Up! Fresh Fruit stamp set to create my card for the monthly Totally Techniques blog hop. This month we’re focusing on the masking technique. Here is my project:
My card design was inspired by Global Design Project #GDP046.
The birthday theme for my card was inspired by Can You Case It #130.
I started by adhering a panel from the Fruit Stand DSP to a Pear Pizzazz card base with Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
I stamped the outline of the fruit and stem images from the Fresh Fruit photopolymer stamp set on a Post It Note and I snipped them out to create masks. I stamped the center pear image outline in Wild Wasabi ink and the stem outline in Tip Top Taupe ink on a panel of Whisper White card stock. I stamped the inner pear and stem images in Pear Pizzazz and Crumb Cake inks and then placed the Post-It Note masks over the images.
I stamped the other pear images with the same stamps from the Fresh Fruit stamp set over the masked image and then I removed the masks. I used a Blender Pen and a little Pear Pizzazz ink to color under the pair images so that they didn’t look like they were floating and then I stamped the sentiment from the Fresh Fruit stamp set in Tip Top Taupe ink on the panel. I adhered the stamped panel to a panel of Tip Top Taupe card stock with SNAIL and then to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I adhered a little snipped piece of the Tip Top Taupe 5/8″ Mini Striped Ribbon together and then to the card front with Glue Dots. I pulled a strand of Linen Thread through a Classy Designer Button, tied a bow and then adhered it to the card front to finish it.
I stamped the sentiments from the Fresh Fruit stamp set in Wild Wasabi and Pear Pizzazz inks on a panel of Whisper White card stock and then stamped and masked the pear images again on the inside of the card.
You can find a complete list of supplies, including card stock cuts, at the very bottom of this post.
Okay, on with the hop! Click the banner below to move forward to Shelagh Freemantle’s fantastic project.
If you get lost along the way, here is a list of the participants in the Totally Techniques Blog Hop:
- Patrice Halliday-Larsen – New Zealand
- Amy Koenders – USA <= You Are Here
- Shelagh Freemantle – Canada
- Erna Logtenberg – Netherlands
- Heather Wright-Porto – USA
- Shannean Moncrieff – Australia
- Alison Solven – Canada
July 16 – 31 Host Code: 6FGU9W6W
Use this host code when you order and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $8.00 in 2016-17 Annual Catalog! See my Rewards page for full details.
Stampin’ Up! Bonus Days Going On Now!!
Stampin’ Up! Bonus Days are going on now! For every $50 you spend between July 7 and July 31, you’ll get a $5 Bonus Days coupon that you can use between August 2–31, 2016! You can see the full details on my blog post here.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!
- In addition to my online store, also take PayPal payments for orders – Check my Rewards page for more information.
- I offer gift certificates for Stampin’ Up! merchandise too! Click on my Gift Certificates page for more information.
Card stock cuts for these projects:
- Pear Pizzazz – 4-1/4″ x 11″ card base
- Tip Top Taupe – 3-3/8″ x 4-5/8″ panel
- Whisper White – 3-1/4″ x 4-1/2″ panel, 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel (inside the card)
- Fruit Stand Designer Series Paper – 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ panel
Stampin’ Up! items used to create these projects: