I used the Stampin’ Up! Lift Me Up stamp set bundle from the upcoming 2017 Occasions Catalog to create my card for the monthly Totally Techniques blog hop. This month we’re focusing on the watercolor wash technique. Here is my project:
I started by using my Aqua Painter and plain water to wet a panel of watercolor paper. I added a little Bermuda Bay ink and then used my Aqua Painter to move it around the panel to create the watercolor wash background. I allowed the panel to dry completely and then stamped the sentiment from the Lift Me Up stamp set (available Jan 4) in Early Espresso ink on the top of the panel.
I die cut the clouds with the Up & Away Thinlits Dies (available Jan 4) from a panel of Whisper White card stock and I adhered the clouds to the watercolored panel with Multipurpose Liquid Glue. I adhered the watercolored panel to a panel of Early Espresso card stock with Multipurpose Liquid Glue and then to a Bermuda Bay card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I stamped panels of So Saffron and Peekaboo card stocks with the smaller balloon images from the Lift Me Up stamp set in VersaMark Ink. I sprinkled the images with White Stampin’ Emboss Powder and heat embossed them. I cut the balloons out with the matching Up & Away Thinlits Dies and adhered them with Multipurpose Liquid Glue to the card front.
I used the Up & Away Thinlits Dies to cut pieces for the larger balloon from Early Espresso, Peekaboo Peach, Calypso Coral and So Saffron card stocks. I adhered the pieces together with Multipurpose Liquid Glue and then to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals. I added a row of Rhinestone Basic Jewels across the balloon die cut to finish the card front.
I stamped the balloon images from the Lift Me Up stamp set in Peekaboo Peach, So Saffron and Bermuda Bay inks on a panel of Whisper White card stock inside the card. I cut masks from Post-It Notes with the balloon dies that I used while stamping so that I could stamp the images one on top of the other.
You can find a list of supplies, including card stock cuts, at the very bottom of this post.
Okay, on with the hop! Click the banner below to move forward to Shannean Moncrieff’s fantastic project.
If you get lost along the way, here is a list of the participants in the Totally Techniques Blog Hop:
- Patrice Halliday-Larsen – New Zealand
- Amy Koenders – USA <= You Are Here
- Shannean Moncrieff – Australia
- Nadine Weiner – Germany
- Zoe Tant – UK
December 16 – 31 Host Code: C63WN7JG
Use this host code when you order and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in the 2016 Holiday Catalog or the 2016-17 Annual Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets! See my Rewards page for full details.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!
- In addition to my online store, also take PayPal payments for orders – Check my Rewards page for more information.
- I offer gift certificates for Stampin’ Up! merchandise too! Click on my Gift Certificates page for more information.
Card stock cuts for this project:
- Bermuda Bay – 4-1/4″ x 11″ card base
- Early Espresso – 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel, Up & Away Thinlits die cut
- Peekaboo Peach – three Up & Away Thinlits die cuts
- So Saffron – three Up & Away Thinlits die cuts
- Calypso Coral – twoUp & Away Thinlits die cuts
- Whisper White – three Up & Away Thinlits die cuts, 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel (inside card)
- Watercolor Paper – 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″ panel
Stampin’ Up! items used to create this project: