I used the Stampin’ Up! Happy Birthday Gorgeous stamp set bundle to create a money holder birthday card for the Sunday Stamps sketch challenge this week. I created a tutorial for the money holder using the Envelope Punch Board awhile back and you can see the measurements and scoring details here.
Here is the sketch for Sunday Stamps SSC156. Be sure to stop by the Sunday Stamps blog to see what the other design team members created and to play along too!
My card was also inspired by Tic Tac Toe Challenge #TTTC004. I went down the left side.
I started by cutting a panel of Bundle of Love Specialty DSP to 7″ x 8-1/4″ and then scoring it at 3″ and 6″. I punched the inside panel with the Envelope Punch Board at 3-1/2″ and cut the notch out and then secured the sides with Fast Fuse Adhesive.
You can see all of the specifics for creating the money holder with pictures in my free tutorial here.
I created the belly band for the money holder by adhering strips of Gold Foil Sheets to the top and bottom of a 4″ x 7″ strip of Soft Sky card stock with SNAIL. I scored the card stock band at 1-7/8″ and again at 5-1/8″, wrapped the band around the money holder and adhered it together in the back with Fast Fuse Adhesive.
I adhered panels of Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets to the back of panels cut from Gold Foil Sheets and Thick Very Vanilla card stock. I cut the sentiment out with the Happy Birthday Thinlits Dies from each panel, adhered them together and then to the belly band with the Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets. I wrapped a strand of Gold 3/8″ Metallic-Edge Ribbon around the band and tied a bow.
I stamped the sentiment from the Happy Birthday Gorgeous photopolymer stamp set in VersaMark ink on a panel of Soft Sky card stock, sprinkled it with Gold Stampin’ Emboss Powder and heat embossed it. I stamped the border image from the Rose Wonder photopolymer stamp set in Soft Sky ink around the sentiment and then cut it out with the coordinating Rose Garden Thinlits die and adhered it inside the money holder with Fast Fuse Adhesive.
You can see a complete list of supplies, including card stock cuts, used to create this project at the very bottom of this post.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!
- In addition to my online store, also take PayPal payments for orders – Check my Rewards page for more information.
- I offer gift certificates for Stampin’ Up! merchandise too! Click on my Gift Certificates page for more information.
Card stock cuts for this project:
- Bundle of Love Specialty Designer Series Paper – 7″ x 8-1/4″ panel
- Soft Sky – 4″ x7″ panel, 1″ x 3″ panel, Rose Garden Thinlits die cut
- Gold Foil Sheets – two 3/4″ x 7 ” strips, Happy Birthday Thinlits die cut
- Thick Very Vanilla – Happy Birthday Thinlits die cut
Stampin’ Up! items used to create this project: