I used the Stampin’ Up! Magical Day stamp set bundle to create my card for the Happy Inkin’ Thursday Blog Hop today. We’ve got a color challenge this week and this is what I made for it.
Here are the colors that we’re using this week:
My card design was inspired by CAS(E) this Sketch #263.
I started by adhering a panel from the Myths & Magic Specialty DSP to a panel of Dapper Denim card stock with SNAIL. Then I added a panel of Basic Gray card stock and a smaller panel from the Myths & Magic DSP panel over the card front, using SNAIL to adhere them. I adhered the layered panel to a Dapper Denim card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I cut a panel of watercolor paper with a Stitched Shapes Framelits circle die and then I did a light wash with Lemon Lime Twist ink and an Aqua Painter over it. I let the panel dry completely before handling it. In the mean time, I stamped the wizard image from the Magical Day stamp set in Basic Gray ink on a separate panel of watercolor paper. I used Dapper Denim, Smoky Slate and Pink Pirouette inks to color the image with a Blender Pen. I cut the image out with the coordinating Magical Mates Framelits Dies and then adhered it to the die cut circle with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I stamped the sparkle image from the Magical Day stamp set in Lemon Lime Twist ink on the watercolor paper circle and then adhered the circle to the card front with Multipurpose Liquid Glue. I cut panels of Myths & Magic 6″ x 6″ Glimmer Paper (Sale-a-bration item and regular catalog item) and Basic Gray card stock with dies from the Celebrate You Thinlits Dies (Sale-a-bration item) and I adhered those die cuts one on top of the other with Multipurpose Liquid Glue to finish the card front.
I inked the wizard and sparkle images from the Magical Day stamp set in Dapper Denim and Lemon Lime Twist inks, stamped them on scrap paper twice and then stamped them on a panel of Whisper White card stock inside the card.
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what Shelagh Freemantle has created today.
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
- Amy Koenders – You Are Here
- Shelagh Freemantle
- Mary Deatherage
- Kristi Gray
- Jaimie Babarczy
- Sue Prather
- Karen Finkle
- Julie Johnston
March 16-31 Host Code: WEXMBP94
Use this host code when you order and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in the 2017-18 Annual Catalog OR 2018 Occasions Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets! See my Rewards page for full details.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!
- In addition to my online store, also take PayPal payments for orders – Check my Rewards page for more information.
- I offer gift certificates for Stampin’ Up! merchandise too! Click on my Gift Certificates page for more information.
Card stock cuts for this project:
- Dapper Denim – 4-1/4″ x 11″ card base,4″ x 5-1/4″ panel
- Basic Gray – 1-7/8″ x 3-7/8″ panel, Celebrate You Thinlits die cut
- Whisper White – 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel (inside card)
- Myths & Magic Specialty Designer Series Paper – 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″ panel, 1-5/8″ x 3-7/8″ panel
- Myths & Magic 6″ x 6″ Glimmer Paper – Celebrate You Thinlits die cut
- Watercolor Paper – Stitched Shapes Framelits die cut, Magical Mates Framelits die cut
Stampin’ Up! items used to create this project: