As you read this, I’ll be on my way to a fun-filled day of stamping with friends before the Stampin’ Up! OnStage event in Atlanta! Can’t wait for two days full of stamping, laughs and NEW catalog peeks!! That’s right, we will get our hands on the upcoming 2018-19 Annual Stampin’ Up! Catalog!! Can’t wait to see it all and share with you just as soon as I am allowed!
But first, I always bring a little gift of some sort for the team members that attend the event with me. I’m sharing the gift bags that I made from the Painted With Love Speciality DSP and Myths & Magic Speciality DSP for my team members with you today…I won’t share what’s inside them since they won’t get them until late today/early tomorrow. 🙂
The bags are super simple to make! Just pull out two sheets of designer series paper and:
- Score both sheets of DSP at 3″ all the way around (turn and score so that all 4 sides are scored at 3″).
- Trim 1″ off the top of both panels (that’s optional if you’d prefer to have the fold-down part a little longer) and fold the top down at the score line.
- Adhere the top flap on both panels down with Tear & Tape Adhesive.
- Snip up the two score lines from the bottom up to the 3″ score line on both panels.
- Snip from the right and left edges along the score line to the 3″ score line one one of the panels. This will cut a 3″x3″ square out of the two bottom corners of that panel.
- Adhere the sides together and the bottom closed with Tear & Tape Adhesive.
- Use the melon slice punch from the Itty Bitty Fruit Punch Pack to punch two holes in the top and thread your ribbon through.
- Tie the ribbon in a knot on the inside of the bag.
I stamped the sentiment from the Cake Soiree stamp set in Berry Burst ink on a panel of Whisper White card stock and then punched it out with the 1-1/4″ Circle Punch. I cut the tag and branches from Powder Pink and Old Olive card stocks with the Sweet Cake Framelits Dies. I adhered the branches with Glue Dots and the circle punch with a Stampin’ Dimensional, then added a Rhinestone Basic Jewel to finish the tag. I tied the tags to the bags with Whisper White Baker’s Twine.
My little set of gift bags are all ready to go! You can use the regular DSP to create this type of bag, but you will need to be a little more careful about the weight of the item that you put inside. The two specialty DSP packs that I used are a heavier weight and work perfectly for gift bags!
Stampin’ Up! OnStage 2018!
I’ll be attending the Stampin’ Up! OnStage event in Atlanta this weekend with 9 of my team members! Yay!! We get to peek at the new 2018-19 Annual Catalog…and hopefully come home with a few of those new catalog items too!
I will be in meetings for most of the day on Friday and Saturday with limited access to my email so I will not be able to respond as quickly as I normally do. Feel free to message me, I’ll respond to you just as soon as I can!
And I look forward to sharing the retiring list AND sneak peeks from the new catalog on Monday afternoon after 1:00 PM MT when the sharing restriction is lifted! Woohooo!!
April 1-15 Host Code: UZR7JEVQ
Use this host code when you order and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in the 2017-18 Annual Catalog OR 2018 Occasions Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets! See my Rewards page for full details.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!
- In addition to my online store, also take PayPal payments for orders – Check my Rewards page for more information.
- I offer gift certificates for Stampin’ Up! merchandise too! Click on my Gift Certificates page for more information.
Card stock cuts for this project:
- Painted With Love Speciality Designer Series Paper – two 12″ x 12″ panels OR
- Myths & Magic Speciality Designer Series Paper – two 12″ x 12″ panels
- Powder Pink – Sweet Cake Framelits die cut
- Old Olive – two Sweet Cake Framelits die cuts
- Whisper White – 1-1/4″ Circle Punch
Stampin’ Up! items used to create this project: