I used the Stampin’ Up! Dear Doily stamp set bundle to create a clean and simple card to share for the Fab Friday sketch challenge this week.
Here is the sketch for Fab Friday 157. Be sure to stop by the challenge blog to play along too!
I started by stamping the large doily image from the Dear Doily stamp set in Sahara Sand ink on a panel of Painted Seasons DSP (Sale-a-bration item). I adhered the stamped DSP panel to a panel of Pool Party card stock with SNAIL and then to a Sahara Sand card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I cut panels of So Saffron and Pool Party card stocks with dies from the Doily Builder Thinlits Dies. I used the same die to cut the two larger doilies, but I snipped off the outer round of scallops on the Pool Party die cut before adhering the doilies to the card front with Multipurpose Liquid Glue. I stamped the sentiment from the Dear Doily stamp set in Pool Party ink on a panel of Whisper White card stock and then inked the flower image in So Saffron ink. I used a Blender Pen to remove the ink from the stems and colored the image with a Sahara Sand Stampin’ Write Marker before stamping it the Whisper White card stock panel.
I cut the sentiment out with a Stitched Shapes Framelits die and adhered it with SNAIL to a scalloped circle cut from Pool Party card stock with a Layering Circles Framelits Die. I used Glue Dots to adhere a few loops of Linen Thread to the back of the sentiment and then adhered the sentiment to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals. I added three Rhinestone Basic Jewels to finish the card front.
I stamped the doily images from the Dear Doily stamp set in Sahara Sand, Pool Party and So Saffron inks on a Whisper White card stock panel to finish the inside of the card.
You can see a list of supplies, including card stock cuts, used to create this card at the very bottom of this blog post.
February 1-15 Host Code: MY3KFTYM
February 16-28 Host Code: QE7U7FDS
Use this host code when you order and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in the 2018-19 Annual Catalog or in the 2019 Occasions Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets! See my Rewards page for full details.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!
- In addition to my online store, also take PayPal payments for orders – Check my Rewards page for more information.
- I offer gift certificates for Stampin’ Up! merchandise too! Click on my Gift Certificates page for more information.
Card stock cuts for this project:
- Sahara Sand – 4-1/4″ x 11″ card base scored at 5-1/2″
- Pool Party – 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel, Doily Builder Thinlits die cut
- So Saffron – two Doily Builder Thinlits die cuts
- Whisper White – Stitched Shapes Framelits die cut, 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel (inside card)
- Painted Seasons Designer Series Paper – 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″ panel
Stampin’ Up! items used to create this project: