I used the Stampin’ Up! Butterfly Wishes stamp set from the upcoming 2019-2020 Annual Catalog to create a super simple card to share with you today.
My card design was inspired by CAS(E) this Sketch #323.
The colors for my card were inspired by Just Us Girls #489.
And my card also works for the Less Is More #396 CAS Embossing Challenge. I only heat embossed the sentiment on this card.
I started by stamping the sentiment from the Butterfly Wishes stamp set (available June 4) in VersaMark ink on the front of a Thick Whisper White card base, sprinkling it with Black Stampin’ Emboss Powder and heat embossing it.
I inked the butterfly images from the Butterfly Wishes stamp set in the base color and then used Sponge Daubers to add the darker colors around the edges of the images before stamping them on the card front. Here are the ink colors that I used: Grapefruit Grove (sponged around the edges with Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight (sponged around the edges in Granny Apple Green), Flirty Flamingo (sponged around the edges in Melon Mambo), Coastal Cabana (sponged around the edges in Bermuda Bay) and Highland Heather (sponged around the edges in Gorgeous Grape).
I added a single Glitter Enamel Dot next to the sentiment to finish the card front.
I inked the butterfly images from the Butterfly Wishes stamp set in Grapefruit Grove (sponged around the edges with Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight (sponged around the edges in Granny Apple Green) and Highland Heather (sponged around the edges in Gorgeous Grape) and stamped them on a Whisper White card stock panel to finish the inside of the card.
You can see a list of supplies, including card stock cuts, used to create this card at the very bottom of this blog post.
May 16-31 Host Code: DRCRHW34
Use this host code when you order and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in the 2018-19 Annual Catalog or in the 2019 Occasions Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets! See my Rewards page for full details.
3D EMBOSSING FOLDER PLATE – COMING SOON!
Stampin’ Up! is introducing a new 3D Embossing Folder Plate to work with the new-style 3D embossing folders (which are thinner than the old-style Dynamic folders)! We don’t have a specific date when the new plate will be available for sale, but keep an eye on my blog and newsletter. I’ll announce the availability as soon as I know any more details!
Click on this image to open up a printable PDF of this flyer with the 3D Embossing Folder Plate details:
|3D Embossing Folder Plate||149658||$10.00||Early June 2019*|
How to Use the New Plate
The new plate makes up the difference in measurement between the old-style Dynamic Folders and the new-style 3D Folders in 21 mm gap machines (similar to the machine Stampin’ Up! used to offer). The 3D Embossing Folder Plate replaces the Standard Cutting Pads in your 3D embossing folder sandwich for continued high-quality emboss results.
To create your emboss sandwich:
- Use a die-cutting & embossing machine platform as a base; no matter which machine you’re using, use the standard platform which comes with your machine.
- Use the 3D Embossing Folder with your paper in the middle.
- Then use the 3D Embossing Folder Plate on top.
Given the differences in machines and platforms, you may still have to add a shim to get your desired embossing results. (You can also spritz your paper before embossing to maximize your embossed impressions.)
Without the new 3D Embossing Folder Plate, you will need to use several shims with the Standard Cutting Pad in your 3D embossing folder sandwich, depending on the die-cutting & embossing machine you use. Most machines will need between three to five sheets of cardstock to shim. Please be careful in how you shim; start out with fewer sheets first, then add sheets to get your desired results. Stampin’ Up! will not be responsible to replace products broken due to using a sandwich which is too thick for a machine.
Here are a few relevant reminders about the die-cutting and embossing product line changes:
- All 3D embossing folders (previously named Dynamic) will be produced by Stampin’ Up!’s new supplier and made in the new style.
- All new 3D embossing folders (denoted with a “new” icon in the catalog) will be available to order beginning June 4, 2019.
- No carryover 3D embossing folders will be available to order beginning with the catalog launch on June 4 but Stampin’ Up! will let us know when they are available to order. The carryover embossing folders that will be temporarily unavailable to order are: Basket Weave, Corrugated, Country Floral, Lace, Layered Leaves, Pinewood Planks, Seasonal Wreath, Subtle, Tin Tile and Tufted. So if you’d like any of these embossing folders right now, order before June 3 to ensure that you get them right away. Those embossing folders will be available again at some point after the new catalog launches, but there may be a delay in receiving them.
- Keep in mind that with the new supplier the folders are manufactured differently; this means they’ll look a little different and the way you use the new style will be a little different than how you used the old style.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!
- In addition to my online store, also take PayPal payments for orders – Check my Rewards page for more information.
- I offer gift certificates for Stampin’ Up! merchandise too! Click on my Gift Certificates page for more information.
Card stock cuts for this project:
- Thick Whisper White – 4-1/4″ x 11″ card base scored at 5-1/2″
- Whisper White – 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel (inside card)
Stampin’ Up! items used to create this project:
OH!!!!!! So pretty, the colors pop those butterflies right off the card. TFS
Thanks Pat! 🙂
Simple perfection….love it!
Less is definitely more on this card, it’s simple but beautiful and the colouring on your butterflies is just perfect. Good luck with the move this weekend
Thanks Sandi! 🙂
Beautiful cas card here Amy. Those butterflies are stunning and so softly coloured. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Us Girls this week.
Thanks for stopping by to leave a comment! 🙂
This is gorgeous – I love how you’ve used the sketch…I thought it was a very difficult one this week and chickened out completely! The colourful butterflies really look like they’re fluttering across the card!
Thanks Claire! It was a little bit of a challenge, but I like the way that it turned out! 🙂