I used the Stampin’ Up! Sailing Home stamp set and coordinating Smooth Sailing Dies to create a sympathy card to share with you today. I also did a video tutorial for this project and you can see it on my YouTube channel here.
My card design was loosely inspired by Mojo Monday 555.
I started by adhering panels of Sand & Sea DSP to a panel of Soft Suede card stock with Stampin’ Seal. Then I used the Stamparatus to stamp the sentiment from the Woven Heirlooms stamp set in Night of Navy ink on the lower DSP panel. I cut a panel of Crumb Cake card stock with the rope die from the Smooth Sailing Dies and adhered it over the seam between the papers with Multipurpose Liquid Glue, then trimmed the ends even with the edge of the Soft Suede card stock panel.
I cut a panel of Sahara Sand card stock with one of the dies from the Smooth Sailing Dies and then adhered the die cut to the card front with Multipurpose Liquid Glue. I stamped the boat and lighthouse images from the Sailing Home stamp set in Soft Suede, Night Of Navy and Balmy Blue inks on a panel of Basic White card stock. Cut the images out with the coordinating Smooth Sailing Dies. I adhered the lighthouse and smaller boat image with Stampin’ Seal and the larger boat with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I cut a panel of Soft Suede card stock with the ships wheel die from the Smooth Sailing Dies and then adhered it with Multipurpose Liquid Glue to the card front. I adhered the layered panel with Stampin’ Dimensionals to the front of the Crumb Cake card base to finish the card front.
I stamped the sentiment from the Timeless Tulips photopolymer stamp set in Soft Suede ink on a panel of Basic White card stock and then added the anchor image from the Sailing Home stamp set in Sahara Sand ink next to it to finish the inside of the card.
You can see a list of supplies used to create this project, including the card stock cuts, at the very bottom of this blog post.
You can see the YouTube video tutorial for this project here:
I’ve created a printable PDF with written instructions and a list of products used to create this project. You can download, print and/or save it by clicking this image:
March 1-15 Host Code: XAHAJXU9
Use this host code when you order $50 or greater and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in the 2020-21 Annual Catalog or January-June 2021 Mini Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets! See my Rewards page for full details.
***Make sure that you can see my name on the final checkout page listed as your Demonstrator when you order so that you know that you’re ordering with me and you’ll get my rewards!
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
- Visit my online store here. Or scan the QR code below to go right to my online store via mobile device:
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!
- In addition to my online store, also take PayPal payments for orders – Check my Rewards page for more information.
- I offer gift certificates for Stampin’ Up! merchandise too! Click on my Gift Certificates page for more information.
- Follow me on:
Card stock cuts for this project:
- Crumb Cake – 4-1/4″ x 11″ card base scored at 5-1/2″, Smooth Sailing die cut
- Soft Suede – 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel, Smooth Sailing die cut
- Sahara Sand – Smooth Sailing die cut
- Basic White – three Smooth Sailing die cuts, 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel (inside card)
- Sand & Sea Designer Series Paper – 1-1/4″ 3-7/8″ panel, 3-7/8″ x 3-7/8″ panel
Stampin’ Up! products used to create this project: