I made a girly card to share with you today using the Ornament Keepsakes stamp set from Stampin Up. I used 3 more new items from the 2013 Spring Catalog too! This card is probably a little over-the-top pink, but I do like to make some holiday cards that aren’t in the traditional red and green.
Here is the list of products that you will need to make this card:
- Ornament Keepsakes (128048 wood, 128051 clear)
- More Merry Messages (126400 wood, 126402 clear)
- Holiday Ornaments Framelits (127816)
- Oval Accent Bigz Clear Die (127005)
- Simply Scored Scoring Tool (122334)
- Simply Scored Borders Scoring Plate (available Jan. 3, 126192)
- Designer Builder Brads (available Jan. 3, 129329)
- Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack (118309)
- Pink Pirouette 3/8″ Taffeta Ribbon (122981)
- Large Rhinestone Basic Jewels (available Jan. 3, 129324)
- Rhinestone Basic Jewels (119246)
- VersaMark Pad (102283)
- Silver Stampin’ Emboss Powder (109131)
- Clear Stampin’ Emboss Powder (109130)
- Primrose Petals Classic Stampin’ Pad (126858)
- Fan Fair Designer Series Paper (126918)
- Primrose Petals Card Stock (126841)
- Pink Pirouette Card Stock (111351)
- Very Vanilla Card Stock (101650)
- Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430)
- Heat Tool (129053)
- Glue Dots (103683)
I started with a Very Vanilla card base and I cut a panel of the Fan Fair DSP to 4″ x 5-1/4″ and I adhered it to the card base. Then I cut a 2-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ strip of Pink Pirouette card stock and I placed it over 1/2 of the Oval Accent Bigz die and I cut it with my Big Shot. Then I used the new Borders Scoring Plate to score the edge, (this is going to take a little practice so be sure that you use some scrap paper for your first few tries until you get a feel for how the Scoring Plate works). I trimmed the Oval Accent die cut to 2-1/8″ at the widest part. I stamped the sentiment in Primrose Petals ink and I quickly sprinkled it with Clear Stampin’ Emboss Powder and I heat embossed it. I’ve found that you can heat emboss using the new Firm Foam Ink Pads if you work quickly. The ink takes a tad longer to dry then the old ink so you have a few seconds to heat emboss if you’d like to. Next, I adhered the Oval Accents die cut to the top of the Fan Fair DSP panel and added a little strip of Rhinestones under the sentiment.
Then I started working on the ornaments. I stamped the Ornament Keepsake images in VersaMark ink on Primrose Petals Card Stock, sprinkled them with Silver Stampin’ Emboss Powder and heat embossed them. Then I cut the images with the Holiday Ornaments Framelits. I added a Large Rhinestone to one of the smaller ornaments and several little Rhinestones to the other. Then I punched a piece of the Fan Fair DSP using the circle from the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack and I adhered it to the center of the Designer Builder Brad and I placed the self-adhesive epoxy bubble (that comes with the brad set) over the paper. Then I used my Paper-Piercing Tool and I pierced the center of the larger ornament and placed the brad through it. I adhered the ornaments to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals. To finish the card, I tied 3 little bows using the 3/8″ Taffeta Ribbon and I adhered those using a Glue Dot.
Hope that you’re enjoying the sneak peeks! I really like the new Designer Builder Brads, the shape is just beautiful! And if you don’t want to use the epoxy bubble, the new Large Rhinestone Jewels and the Large Pearl Basic Jewels (from the big catalog) fit perfectly in the center of the brad.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator! Just click on the Shop Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions.
- Visit my online store here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!
Wow Amy this is gorgeous! You have outdone yourself on this one. If you don’t want to send an all pink card for the teaparty I would be glad to give you my address!! ( wink wink) Really lovely. Can’t wait to see the new catty. I have been an SU customer for a long time. Didn’t know you were a demo.