Today I’m sharing a card that I made using the new Wishes Your Way stamp set and Pinwheel Sizzlits S Die from Stampin’ Up. It was my daughter’s 7th Birthday yesterday so I made her a card using a few items new in the Spring 2013 Catalog.
Here is the list of products that you will need to make this card:
- Wishes Your Way (available Jan.3, 129153 wood, 129156 clear)
- Pinwheel Sizzlits S Die (available Jan. 3, 129411)
- Simply Scored Scoring Tool (122334)
- Simply Scored Borders Scoring Plate (available Jan. 3, 126192)
- Silver 1/8″ Mini Brads (122941)
- Chevron Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (127749)
- Subtles Collection Designer Series Paper Stack (117152)
- Brights Collection Designer Series Paper Stack (117155)
- 2012-14 In-Color Designer Series Paper Stacks (126910)
- Gumball Green (123002) & Melon Mambo (119702) Stampin’ Write Markers
- Gumball Green Card Stock (126840)
- Melon Mambo Card Stock (115320)
- So Saffron Card Stock (105118)
- Marina Mist Card Stock (119682)
- Whisper White Card Stock (100730)
- Glue Dots (103683)
- Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430)
Since green is my daughter’s favorite color, I started with a Gumball Green card base. Then I cut a 4″ x 5-1/4″ Whisper White panel and I colored the sentiment stamp using my Gumball Green and Melon Mambo Stampin’ Write Markers and I stamped the sentiment on the lower part of the panel. Then I scored it using the Simply Scored Borders Scoring Plate, which works great because you can just slide the card stock up or down 1/2″ and repeat the pattern over the entire piece. Once I had the scoring completed, I adhered the panel to the Gumball Green card base. After that, I cut 4 pinwheels from the DSP Stacks using the new Sizzlits S Die. This die makes pinwheels so simple, it cuts the shape perfectly and it puts 5 little holes (one in each corner and one in the center) in the right places so all that you have to do is put a brad through the holes and the pinwheel is done! Once I assembled the pinwheels, I cut 4 squares of Whisper White Card Stock to 1-1/2″ x 1-1/2″ and I embossed them with the Chevron Embossing Folder. Then I cut 1-3/4″ x 1-3/4″ squares of Gumball Green, Melon Mambo, So Saffron and Marina Mist Card Stock. Next, I adhered the embossed Whisper White squares to the colored card stock. Then I adhered the squares to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals. To finish the card, I adhered the pinwheels to the embossed squares with Glue Dots.
This card was quick to put together, especially since the pinwheels only took about 1 minute each. And can you tell that I’m having lots of fun with the new Simply Scored Borders Scoring Plate? There are so many awesome patterns!
Clearance Rack Updated with Almost 300 New Items!!!
Stampin’ Up has updated the Clearance Rack with almost 300 new items, everything from dies to punches to stamp sets to ink pads. Items on the Clearance Rack are only available for purchase through my Online Store and are only available while supplies last so place your orders today!
Don’t forget, the Ink-redible promotion is only going on for a two more days, it ends on Sunday, December 16. Click the Promotions button at the top of the page to learn more about how you can earn an entire collection of ink pads for FREE!
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Shop Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions.