Today I’m sharing a card that I made using the new Ovals Collection Framelits Dies from the 2013 Spring Catalog from Stampin’ Up. I made this card for the SUO Challenge #60 – A Season Of Glitter.
Here is the list of products that you will need to make this card:
- Stylin’ Snowfolk (126285 wood, 126287 clear)
- Perfectly Penned (122890 wood, 122892 clear)
- Ovals Collection Framelits Dies (available Jan. 3, 129381)
- Simply Scored Scoring Tool (122334)
- Northern Flurry Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (120902)
- Heat & Stick Powder (100625)
- Dazzling Diamonds Stampin’ Glitter (102023)
- Heat Tool (129053)
- Real Red 1/4″ Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon (126875)
- Old Olive (100079), Early Espresso (119680) & Real Red (100052) Stampin’ Write Markers
- VersaMark Pad (102283)
- StazOn Jet Black (101406)
- Pumpkin Pie Classic Ink Pad (126945)
- Old Olive Classic Ink Pad (126953)
- Real Red Classic Ink Pad (126949)
- Daffodil Delight Classic Ink Pad (126944)
- Early Espresso Classic Ink Pad (126974)
- Old Olive Card Stock (100702)
- Bashful Blue Card Stock (1105120)
- Whisper White Card Stock (100730)
- Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430)
- Stamping Sponges (101610)
I started by cutting a scallop oval in Whisper White and in Old Olive. I scored the edge of the Whisper White oval at 1/2″ so that I would have a place to adhere the back to the oval card front.
Then I went to work on the card front. I started by embossing the Old Olive scallop circle with the Northern Flurry embossing folder. I embossed it by rolling it through completely through the Big Shot the first time, then I only rolled it half way through the second time to prevent smashing the already embossed part. I adhered the Old Olive and Whisper White scallop ovals together at the edge to create the card base.
The next piece of the card was the snowman. I used the Stylin’ Snowfolk stamp set and I stamped the Snowman, arms, face and the little tree images on Whisper White Card Stock using Stazon Jet Black, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Early Espresso & Daffodil Delight ink. I used my Real Red Stampin’ Write Marker to color the little red dots for the garland on the tree and I colored over the tree trunk using my Early Espresso marker. I used Old Olive and Real Red markers to color the buttons and I stamped them on the snowman. Then, on a separate piece of Whisper White Card Stock, I stamped the scarf in Real Red ink and I colored the hat & mittens with Real Red & Old Olive markers and I stamped them on the same sheet. I cut the hat, mittens and scarf out with my scissors and set them aside. Next, I cut the snowman out with the Oval Collection Framelits Die and I sponged the edges with Bashful Blue ink.
Then I cut a larger oval with the Oval Framelits from Bashful Blue Card Stock. I stamped the sentiment from the Perfectly Penned stamp set at the top of the oval in Old Olive ink. I stamped the little snowflakes all over the Bashful Blue oval and around the edges of the snowman image using VersaMark ink and I sprinkled them with Heat & Stick Powder and heated it up with my Heat Tool. Then I sprinkled the snowflakes with Dazzling Diamonds Stampin’ Glitter and I heat set the snowflakes again.
I finished up the card by adding strip of tied Real Red 1/4″ Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon to the Bashful Blue oval. I adhered the Bashful Blue oval to the Old Olive card base. Then I adhered the snowman image to the Bashful Blue oval using Stampin’ Dimensionals. Finally, I adhered the hat, mittens and scarf using Stampin’ Dimensionals. For the tutorial, click here.
Final days of the Ink-redible Promotion:
This is a fantastic time to sign up to be a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. For $99 (plus tax, but no shipping), you will receive:
- $125 in stamping products (you can even choose brand-new spring catalog products).
- A collection of TEN full-size ink pads (a $50 value).
- Thirty percent off your first stamping order of $150 or more (plus qualify for hostess benefits), and 20 percent off all purchases.
- Access to special demonstrator websites, publications, products, preorders, and the opportunity to get Sale-A-Bration products early.
- There’s no obligation to sell or hold workshops and no penalty if you decide to drop. You keep all your goodies.
If you might want to take advantage of this amazing deal, please drop me an email for more information. You can also earn a collection of ink pads for free with a $450 or greater order through my online store. Click on the Promotions button at the top of the page for more details. The last day of the Ink-redible promotion is tomorrow, Sunday, December 16.
Over 300 new Clearance Rack items have been added to the Online Store at discounts up to 80 percent off retail-only while supplies last! And for the first time ever, stamps are included at up to 40% off.
The Fine Print
- Only online orders qualify for this promotion. Feel free to order both Clearance Rack and non-Clearance Rack items on the same order.
- There is no minimum purchase required to participate in this special offer.
- Qualifying orders with Clearance Rack items are eligible for hostess benefits/Stampin’ Rewards.
- Orders that include Clearance Rack items are also eligible for my Running Shoe Rewards Program.
- Clearance Rack Blitz items are only available while supplies last-so don’t wait. And sorry, but there are no refunds or exchanges on Clearance Rack items.
- Check out all of the Clearance Rack Blitz items in my Online Store.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Shop Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions.
- Visit my online store here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!
Very cute card…
I love this! Such a great combo of the new oval framelits and the snowman!
Adorable little snowman card! I love the oval shape. Thanks for joining SUO Challenges this week.
How sweet! Love the oval card! Glad you joined us this week at SUO Challenges!