Today I’m sharing a Happy New Year card that I created using the Happy Hour and Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp sets from Stampin’ Up.
Here is the list of products that you will need to make this card:
- Happy Hour (126640 wood, 126642 clear)
- Teeny Tiny Wishes (115370 wood, 127802 clear)
- Word Window Punch (119857)
- Modern Label Punch (119849)
- Illuminate Glimmer Watermark Stampin’ Pad (126857)
- VersaMark Pad (102283)
- Silver Stampin’ Emboss Powder (109131)
- Heat Tool (129053)
- 1/2″ Striped Satin Ribbon (127837) ** only available until Jan. 2
- Basic Black Card Stock (121045)
- Brushed Silver Card Stock (100712)
- Island Indigo Classic Stampin’ Pad (126986)
- Rhinestone Basic Jewels (119246)
- Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430)
- SNAIL Adhesive (104332)
- Glue Dots (103683)
- Stamp-a-ma-jig (101049)
- Black Sharpie Marker
I started by cutting a Brushed Silver card base to 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ and scoring it at 4-1/4″. Then I cut a panel of Basic Black Card Stock to 5-1/4″ x 4″ and I stamped the Cheers! sentiment and the two drink glasses randomly on it using Illuminate Glimmer Watermark ink. Next, I created the panel with the drink glass images using my Stamp-a-ma-jig. I stamped each image individually in VersaMark ink on Basic Black Card Stock, sprinkled it with Silver Stampin’ Emboss Powder and heat embossed it to avoid smearing the ink. Then I trimmed the panel around the images to 1-3/4″ x 3-1/4″ and I adhered it with SNAIL to a Brushed Silver panel that I’d cut to 2″ x 3-1/2″. Next, I stamped the Happy New Year sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes in VersaMark Ink on Basic Black Card Stock, sprinkled it with Silver Stampin’ Emboss Powder and heat embossed it. Then I punched the sentiment out using the Word Window Punch and I adhered it with SNAIL to a Modern Label punch that I’d punched out of Brushed Silver Card Stock. Then I started assembling the card. I adhered a strip of the Striped Satin Ribbon across the Basic Black background panel using SNAIL. Next, I adhered the image of the three drink glasses over the ribbon using Stampin’ Dimensionals. Then I adhered the sentiment to the card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals. I adhered the entire card front to the Brushed Silver card base using SNAIL. To finish the card, I tied a bow of Striped Satin ribbon and adhered it with a Glue Dot next to the main image and I colored two of the smallest Rhinestones with a Black Sharpie Marker and placed one on each side of the sentiment.
Here is a little peek at the inside of the card, I stamped the drink glasses inside too.
A quick card to ring in the new year! I was so happy to see that the Illuminate Glimmer Watermark Stampin’ Pad was being carried over into the Spring Catalog. I love it on the dark backgrounds!
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Shop Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Don’t forget about my December ordering special. You could win the Button Buddies stamp set! Click on my Rewards tab above to read all about it.
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack Blitz here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!