Only 3 more days left for the Stamp With Amy K Spring Catalog Ordering Promotion where you can earn a free product for every $50 that you order from my online store! Plus you’ll be entered to win the Snow Much Fun stamp set that I’ll be drawing for at the end of January. Check out my Rewards tab above to read all about it.
If you plan to shop through me and would like FREE copies of both the Spring Catalog and Sale-A-Bration brochure sent to you, please send me an email. U.S. delivery only.
Today I’m sharing a card that I made for the Fab Friday 09 Sketch Challenge using the Vintage Verses Sale-A-Bration Stamp Set and the Language of Friendship Stamp Set from Stampin’ Up. Here is the sketch:
And here is the card that I came up with:
Here is the list of products that you will need to make this card:
- Vintage Verses (available Jan. 22-Mar. 22, 129633 wood, 129636 clear)
- Language of Friendship (122750 wood, 122752 clear)
- Boho Blossoms Punch (125603)
- Bird Builder Punch (117191)
- Scallop Trim Border Punch (118402)
- Lacy Brocade Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (127819)
- Brayer (102395)
- Pearl Basic Jewels (119247)
- White Stampin’ Emboss Powder (109132)
- VersaMark Pad (102283)
- Heat Tool (129053)
- Marina Mist Classic Stampin’ Pad (126962)
- Pretty In Pink Classic Stampin’ Pad (126955)
- So Saffron Classic Stampin’ Pad (126957)
- Marina Mist Card Stock (119682)
- Pretty In Pink Card Stock (100459)
- So Saffron Card Stock (105118)
- Whisper White Card Stock (100730)
- SNAIL Adhesive (104332)
- Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430)
- Glue Dots (103683)
I started with a Marina Mist card base cut to 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ and scored at 4-1/4″. I cut a panel of Whisper White Card Stock to 4″ x 5-1/4″. I inked up my Brayer with Marina Mist ink (rolled it lightly across the ink pad until the Brayer was covered with ink) and rolled it across the top half of the Lacy Brocade Embossing Folder. I placed the Whisper White panel on the bottom half of the embossing folder and carefully closed the folder and ran it through the Big Shot. The process inks and embosses the card stock at the same time. Then I stamped the flower image from Language of Friendship stamp set twice in Marina Mist ink on Marina Mist Card Stock, twice in Pretty In Pink ink on Pretty In Pink Card Stock and twice in So Saffron ink on So Saffron Card Stock. I punched the images out with the Boho Blossoms punch and curled the edges a little bit with my fingers. Next, I stamped the branch image from the Language of Love stamp set 8 times in Wild Wasabi ink on Wild Wasabi Card Stock, punched it out with the Bird Builder Punch and trimmed the long stems off with a scissors. Then I adhered the branches to the embossed panel with SNAIL and I adhered the flowers with Glue Dots. Next, I stamped the sentiment from the Vintage Verses stamp set in VersaMark ink on a strip of Marina Mist card stock cut to 1″ x 4″, sprinkled it with White Stampin’ Emboss Powder and heat embossed it. Then I cut two strips of Whisper White Card Stock to 3/4″ x 4″ and I punched the edges with the Scallop Trim Border Punch. I adhered the two punched strips to the back of the Marina Mist strip with SNAIL and I adhered the layered strip over the embossed panel with Stampin’ Dimensionals. To finish the card, I added 3 Pearls to the sentiment strip and a pearl to the center of each of the flowers. Then I adhered the decorated card front to the Marina Mist card base with SNAIL.
Using your brayer on an embossing folder is such a simple technique and the results look fantastic! You can make the background ink as dark or light as you want it by rolling more or less ink on the folder. I’ve also seen the technique done by just rubbing your embossing folder across your ink pad. Just remember to wash the ink off your embossing folder before you put it away so that it’s clean and ready to use next time. Hope that you’ll give it a try!
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Shop Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions.
- Don’t forget about my Stamp With Amy K Spring Catalog Kick Off Promotion where you can earn free product for every $50 that you purchase. Click on my Rewards tab above to read all about it.
- I’ve also got a January ordering special where you could win the Snow Much Fun stamp set! Click on my Rewards tab above to read all about it.
- Plus Stampin’ Up has the My Little Valentine Promotion and the Valentine Treat Bundle going on now through January 21, click on my Promotions tab above to read all about it.
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack Blitz here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!