Today I’m sharing a card that I created with the Summer Afternoon stamp set which is a Hostess only set from the Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog. You can earn this set with a $150 order from my online store.
Here is the list of products that you will need to create this card:
- Summer Afternoon Stamp Set (Hostess Item 126425 wood, 126427 clear)
- Ciao, Baby! Stamp Set (129645 wood, 129648 clear)
- Bloomin’ Marvelous Stamp Set (Sale-a-bration Item 129651 wood, 129654 clear)
- Ovals Collection Framelits Dies (129381)
- Petite Curly Label Punch (Sale-a-bration Item 129405)
- 7/8″ Scallop Circle Punch (129404)
- 1″ Circle Punch (119868)
- Soda Pop Tops (129388)
- Vintage Faceted Designer Buttons (Sale-a-bration Item 132201, Annual Catalog Item 127555)
- Fancy Fan Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (127751)
- Woodgrain Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (127821)
- More Mustard 1/2″ Scallop Dots Ribbon (124140)
- Old Olive 3/8″ Striped Organdy Ribbon (129291)
- Print Poetry Designer Series Paper Stack (129312)
- Watercolor Paper (129959)
- StazOn Jet Black Ink (101406)
- Aqua Painter (103954)
- Midnight Muse Classic Stampin’ Pad (126860)
- Old Olive Classic Stampin’ Pad (126953)
- More Mustard Classic Stampin’ Pad (126964)
- Crumb Cake Classic Stampin’ Pad (126975)
- Primrose Petals Classic Stampin’ Pad (126858)
- Basic Gray Classic Stampin’ Pad (126981)
- Midnight Muse Card Stock (126843)
- More Mustard Card Stock (100946)
- Old Olive Card Stock (100702)
- Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430)
- SNAIL Adhesive (104332)
- Glue Dots (103683)
I started with an Old Olive card base cut to 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ and scored at 4-1/4″. I stamped the flower from the Bloomin’ Marvelous stamp set randomly on the card base in Old Olive ink. Then I cut a More Mustard card stock oval using the 2nd largest oval from the Ovals Collection Framelits Dies, embossed it with the Woodgrain Embossing Folder and adhered it to the card front with SNAIL. Next, I cut a panel of Print Poetry DSP to 2-3/8″ x 3-7/8″ and I wrapped a strip of More Mustard 1/2″ Scallop Dot Ribbon and a strip of Old Olive 3/8″ Striped Organdy Ribbon and adhered it to the panel with SNAIL. Then I cut a panel of Midnight Muse card stock to 2-1/2″ x 4″ and adhered the Print Poetry DSP to the card stock with SNAIL, then adhered the layered panel to the card front with SNAIL. Next, I cut an oval from Old Olive card stock, embossed it with the Fancy Fan Embossing Folder and adhered it to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Then I started working on the main image. I stamped the bike image from the Summer Afternoon stamp set in StazOn Jet Black ink on Watercolor Paper. Then I used my Aqua Painter and the ink pads to paint the image. I let it dry completely, cut it with an Oval Collection Framelits die and adhered it to the Old Olive oval with SNAIL. Next, I stamped the sentiment from the Ciao, Baby! stamp set in Midnight Muse ink on More Mustard card stock, punched it out with the Petite Curly Label Punch, adhered it to a scallop circle that I’d punched from Old Olive card stock using the 7/8″ Scallop Circle Punch, adhered the layers to a 1″ Circle Punch from Midnight Muse card stock, then I used Glue Dots to adhere the layered sentiment to a Pop Top that I’d smashed by running it through my Big Shot. I adhered the Pop Top to the card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals. To finish the card, I adhered 3 of the Vintage Faceted Designer Buttons to the card front using Glue Dots.
Quick Tips for Watercoloring With Ink Pads: Watercoloring is very easy with the Aqua Painter and ink pads. Simply lightly squeeze the center of your closed ink pad until there is a little bit of ink on the inside lid. Flip the ink pad open and dip your Aqua Painter in the ink on the lid and start painting.
Quick Tips for Smashing the Pop Tops With Your Big Shot: Flip all of the tabs open and put a cutting pad on the platform. Put a piece of chipboard (can be almost anything, even a cereal box) on the cutting pad, then put your Pop Top on top of the chipboard with the ridges down. Place your other cutting pad on top of the Pop Top and run it through the Big Shot. Smashing the Pop Top will flatten it to make easier to ship in a regular envelope.
Online Stamping Class from Stampin’ Up!
Are you new to stamping or interested in learning some great basic techniques? Stampin’ Up! has created an online course called “The Basics” and it covers several techniques that every stamper should know. There are 34 projects with instructions and supply lists, and everything is printable too.
The online class has six categories:
- stamping basics (seven projects)
- the Stamp-a-ma-jig (four projects and a video)
- masking (four projects and a video)
- embossing (seven projects and two videos)
- markers & watercoloring (six projects and a video)
- Big Shot and punches (six projects and two videos)
Each section will show you the basic use of the technique or tool and more advanced techniques, with tips along the way. The instructions are simple and you can view the videos an unlimited number of times, stopping at starting as many times as you’d like.
The video is $14.95 and downloadable to your computer or laptop. Click here to view class in my online store. (Item #133385)
It’s Sale-a-bration time! During Sale-a-bration, you earn free products from Stampin’ Up! for every $50 that you order through my online store. Check out my Promotions tab above to read more about it and click on the Sale-a-bration link on the right side of the screen to see all of the great items that you can pick up for free!
There are only 2 days left for my February ordering special: For every $50 in product that you order from my online store, your name will be entered to win the Blue Ribbon Stamp Set (clear mount item 125981). Check out my Rewards page for all of the information.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions.
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!