Today I’m sharing a card that I made with Stampin’ Up’s single Towels for Two stamp. The single stamps are only available for a few more days, so be sure to get yours before they are gone on March 31. To see all of the single stamps available, click here or on the single stamp tab on the right side of my page. And the banner around the sentiment is from the Itty Bitty Banners stamp set that you can earn for free from Stampin’ Up! during Sale-a-bration. Sale-a-bration ends in just 3 days.
The design for this card was inspired by the Retrosketches #55 Challenge. Here is the sketch:
And here is my card:
I started by dying the Vanilla 5/8″ Flower Trim with a mixture of about 2 teaspoons of rubbing alcohol and 3 drops of Pink Pirouette ink refill. I let them dry over night (they soak up a lot of moisture so they take some time to dry). Once the flowers were dry, sponged a little bit of Rose Red ink over tops to give the flowers a little shading. Then I cut and embossed the scallop edges and embossed the background panel. I adhered all of the card stock layers and the flower trim to the card front with SNAIL.
Then I colored the Towels for Two image with my Stampin’ Write markers and I stamped it on Whisper White card stock. I used the 3/16″ Corner Punch to round the corners, adhered it to the two layers of card stock with SNAIL, then to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals. I tied a bow with the 1-1/4″ Two-Tone ribbon and adhered it above the image with a Glue Dot. I stamped the sentiment from the Wishes Your Way stamp set in Early Espresso ink. I colored the banner from the Itty Bitty Banners stamp set with my Pink Pirouette marker and I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to stamp the image around the sentiment. I cut it out with my Bitty Banners Framelits die and adhered it to an Early Espresso Window Word Punch with SNAIL, then to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals. To finish the card, I added a pearl to the center of each flower and to each side of the sentiment.
Stampin’ Up! products used to create this card:
Stamps: Towels for Two (132665 clear only); Wishes Your Way (129153 wood, 129156 clear); Itty Bitty Banners (Sale-a-bration Item 132194 wood, 132195 clear; Annual Catalog Item 126255 wood, 126257 clear)
Dies, Embossing Folders & Punches: Large Scallop Edgelits Die (127019); Bitty Banners Framelits Dies (129267); Word Window Punch (119857); 3/16″ Corner Punch (119871); Delicate Designes Textured Impressions Embossing Folders (127023); Lacy Brocade Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (127819)
Embellishments: Vanilla 5/8″ Flower Trim (129869); Pink Pirouette/Rose Red 1-1/4″ Two-Tone Ribbon (129294); Pearl Basic Jewels (119246)
Ink: Rose Red Classic Stampin’ Pad (126986); Early Espresso Classic Stampin’ Pad (126974); Pink Pirouette (119700), Early Espresso & Basic Gray (119703) Stampin’ Write Markers
Tools: Stamping Sponges (101610); Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (113439); Stamp-a-ma-jig (101049)
Card Stock & Cuts: Early Espresso (119686) – card base cut to 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ and scored at 4-1/4″, 2-3/4″ x 2-3/4″ panel. 5-1/4″ x 1-1/4″ strip, Word Window Punch; Pink Pirouette (111351) – 2-5/8″ x 2-5/8″ panel, 5-1/4″ x 1-1/2″ strip; Whisper White (100730) – 2-1/2″ x 2-1/2″ panel, 5-1/4″ x 1-1/4″ strip, Bitty Banners Framelit die cut
Adhesive: SNAIL Adhesive (104332); Glue Dots (103683); Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430)
Big Changes for My Digital Studio!!
Stampin’ Up! just announced some big changes, including a fantastic new low price for My Digital Studio!! Here is their announcement:
- We’re changing the name of the software to MDS. Now, you might be asking yourself, didn’t it just change to MDS 2 last year? Yep, it sure did.
- We’re lowering the price! What has been known as MDS 2+ is now $19.95 and will be called . . . yes, you guessed it, MDS. It’s the same great software and content at a fantastic new price.
- Coming soon: all of you who have been holding onto the original My Digital Studio software will be able to upgrade for FREE. We’ll let you know as soon as it is available.
Other stuff you may want to know:
- We will still offer a free 30-day trial version of the MDS software for anyone who had not previously tried the MDS 2 Trial.
- The original My Digital Studio software (not the product line) is going away, including support for it. The free upgrade will be available soon!
- MDS 2 (the software that didn’t have much content) is going away.
- You can still get the software on a disc (item 130647) or as a download (item 130646). Just keep in mind the disc will say MDS 2+ on it because it will take us awhile to switch everything out.
We understand that when a price changes after you have made a recent purchase it can be frustrating. If you purchased the software at the old price from March 1 to March 17, 2013, the following will be added to your Download Manager by Wednesday, March 20:
MDS 2+ or MDS 2
- Up To Date Planner Template (item 133271, retail value $14.95)
- Hello There Kit (item 133374, retail value $9.95)
- Everyday Woodcuts Embellishments (item 132191, retail value $5.95)
- Hello There Kit (item 133374, retail value $9.95)
I just placed my order for the software last night and I can’t wait to get it and start playing. It’s a bargain at $19.95!! Click here or go to my online store to purchase your copy. Want to give it a try for 30 days for free? Click here to get your free trial copy.
***Stamp with Amy K Sale-a-bration Ordering Special***
Any orders placed through my online store between now and the end of Sale-a-bration (March 22, 2013) will earn double Running Shoe Rewards! When you collect 10 Running Shoe Rewards, you earn $30 in free Stampin’ Up! products from me. Yippee!!
It’s Sale-a-bration time! During Sale-a-bration, you earn free products from Stampin’ Up! for every $50 that you order through my online store. Check out my Promotions tab above to read more about it and click on the Sale-a-bration link on the right side of the screen to see all of the great items that you can pick up for free!
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. And I’ve got a March ordering special where you could win the It’s a Wrap Occasions stamp set! Click on my Rewards tab above to read all about it.
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!
Looove the scallops!!! Very pretty!
Thanks so much! It was a fun card to put together.
Beautiful card, the towels are really sweet! TFS!
Thank you Carol!