I made a quick, bright birthday card with the Sketched Birthday stamp set from Stampin’ Up! to share with you today. My card design was inspired by two challenges: CAS(E) This Sketch #38 and CAS-ual Fridays Count Me In Challenge.
I started by embossing a panel of Melon Mambo Core’dinations card stock with the Alphabet Press Embossing Folder, sanding the raised areas, adhering it to a panel of Pumpkin Pie card stock then to a Crushed Curry card base with SNAIL. I adhered a strip of Quatrefancy Specialty DSP to a strip of Pumpkin Pie card stock, then to the card front with SNAIL.
I stamped the balloon images from the Sketched Birthday stamp set in StazOn Jet Black ink on a Whisper White panel and colored them with my Stampin’ Write Markers. I cut the balloons out with my Paper Snips and adhered them to the card front with little pieces of Stampin’ Dimensionals. I did stamp the string on the Crushed Curry Balloon a second time and I adhered it below the original balloon so that the string would appear to be long enough. Then I stamped the sentiment in Stazon Jet Black ink on a Whisper White panel, colored the border with my Stampin’ Write Marker, cut it out with the Bitty Banner Framelits Die and adhered it over the balloon strings (making sure that I covered the seam in the balloon string) with Stampin’ Dimensionals. I finished the card front by tying a multiple loop bow from Island Indigo Baker’s Twine and adhering it with a Glue Dot.
I added a strip of the Quatrefancy Specialty DSP to the Whisper White panel on the inside of the card.
Stampin’ Up! products used to create this card:
Stamps: Sketched Birthday (130423 wood, 130426 clear)
Dies & Embossing Folders: Bitty Banners Framelits Dies (129267); Alphabet Press Embossing Folder (130916)
Embellishments: Island Indigo Baker’s Twine (125575)
Ink: StazOn Jet Black (101406); Crushed Curry, Island Indigo (131262), Old Olive, Melon Mambo & Pumpkin Pie (131259) Stampin’ Write Markers
Tools: Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (113439); Stampin’ Sanding Block (129367)
Card Stock & Cuts: Crushed Curry (131199) – card base cut to 4-1/4″ x 11″ and scored at 5-1/2″; Pumpkin Pie (105177) – 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel, 1-3/4″ x 4″ strip; Whisper White (100730) – five hand cut balloons, Bitty Banners Framelit die cut; Brights Core’dinations Card Stock (129953) – 3-3/4″ x 5″ panel; Quatrefancy Speciality Designer Series Paper (130141) – 1-1/2″ x 4″ strip
Adhesive: SNAIL Adhesive (104332); Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430); Glue Dots (103683)
Today is the last day…
- The Buy 3 Get 1 Free DSP Promotion from Stampin’ Up! is ending today, July 31, so make sure that you stock up soon! You can click here or on my Promotions tab above to read more about it.
- The Single Stamp Promotion from Stampin’ Up! is ending today also. To see all of the single stamps available in my online store for just a few more days, click here or on the Single Stamps button on the right side of the screen.
- There is still time join my 2013 Holiday Catalog Share. Let me know today if you’re interested in joining. As a side note, I found out that I can send you an invoice through Paypal that allows you to pay with either a credit card or your Paypal account. So if you don’t have a Paypal account and want to join, you still can! Simply choose the “pay with credit card” button when I send out your invoice! Click here or on the Holiday Catalog Share tab at the top of the page for more details.
- My Stamp With Amy K July Ordering Special is ending on today too! If you place an order through my online store of $50 or greater, you are automatically entered to win one of two $25 Stampin’ Up! Gift Certificates from me! And check out my updated Rewards Program, I’ve made it even easier to earn free products!
For Those of You Living In Georgia…State of Georgia Sales Tax Holiday August 9-10!!
The state of Georgia is having a sales tax holiday for school supplies up to $20 per item from August 9-10 . Because school supply items are included in this sales tax holiday, the list of items below will be state tax-free during the holiday period. Please note that you must place your order with Stampin’ Up! during the tax holiday period in order to receive these items tax-free. Also, keep in mind that this is a state sales tax holiday and may not apply to additional city, jurisdiction, or county taxes.
The following items are tax-exempt during the Georgia sales tax holiday:
- 2-Way Glue Pen (item 100425) $4.50
- Snail Adhesive (item 104332) $6.95
- Snail Adhesive Refill (item 104331) $4.50
- Sticky Strip (item 104294) $6.95
- Stampin’ Dimensionals (item 104430) $3.95
- Mini Glue Dots (item 103683) $4.95
- Paper Snips (item 103579) $9.95
- Uni-Ball Signo Gel Pen (item 105021) $3.95
- Blender Pens (item 102845) $9.95
- Individual Stampin’ Write Markers (various item numbers) $3.50
- Tombow Multipurpose Adhesive (item 110755) $3.95
- Anywhere Glue Sticks (item 104045) $3.95
- 2012-2014 In Color Stampin’ Write Markers (item 126856) $14.95
- 2013-2015 In Color Stampin’ Write Markers (item 131260) $14.95
So for those of you located in Georgia, make sure that you get your tax free items ordered August 9-10! Let me know if you have any questions.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions.
Don’t forget about the Pick a Kit Offer for New Demonstrators from Stampin’ Up! Click on my Promotions tab above to read all of the details.
Plus I’ve got a July ordering special where you could win one of two $25 gift certificates! Click on my Rewards tab above to read all about it.
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!