I was so happy to see some designer paper in the new Stampin’ Up! catalog with more traditional nautical colors and designs. The Maritime DSP has some prints that are more fun with the little fish and octopus but some that will work great for masculine cards too. I used a little of the Maritime DSP and The Open Sea stamp set to create my card to share today.
My card design was inspired by the Mojo Monday #346 Sketch. I made this as a more general “just for you” card, but you could easily switch the sentiment to Happy Father’s Day or Happy Birthday, any of the sentiments from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set will fit.
I started by adhering a panel of Maritime DSP to a panel of Whisper White card stock with SNAIL, then to a Real Red card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I punched the ends of two thin strips of Maritime DSP with my Hexagon Punch, then adhered them to the card front with SNAIL. Next, I stamped the sentiment from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set in VersaMark ink on a strip of Real Red card stock, sprinkled it with White Stampin’ Emboss Powder and heat embossed it. I adhered the sentiment to the card front with SNAIL.
I stamped the image from The Open Sea stamp set in VersaMark ink on a Night of Navy panel, sprinkled it with White Stampin’ Emboss Powder and heat embossed it. I cut the image out with a Circles Collection Framelits die and layered it over a 2-1/2″ Circle Punch from Whisper White card stock. I adhered the layered boat image to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I finished the card front by adhering three Night of Navy Candy Dots to the sentiment strip and two Whisper White Candy Dots near the ship image.
I stamped the anchor image from The Open Sea stamp set in Real Red ink on a Whisper White panel to complete the inside of the card.
You can find a complete list of supplies, including card stock cuts, at the very bottom of this post.
May 16-31 Hostess Code: TB32WBNH
Use this hostess code when you order and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift! The free gift for May is your choice of 1-1/4″ Burlap Ribbon, 7/8″ Cotton Ribbon or Natural 5/8″ Chevron Ribbon.
Stamp With Amy K 2014-15 Annual Catalog Shares
Do you want all of the great new items in the 2014-15 Catalog but can’t afford everything? I’m offering a DSP and Embellishment share!
The share prices are:
- New DSP Share: $21.50 + $5 shipping by Priority Mail
- New Ribbon & Embellishment Share: $59.00 + $5 shipping by Priority Mail
- Both Shares: $80 and I’ll ship your shares for free!
You can see the full details on my 2014-15 Annual Catalog Shares page here. Let me know if you have any questions or if you’d like to join!
Weekly Deals From Stampin’ Up! May 20-26
Here are this weeks Weekly Deals from Stampin’ Up!:
Click here to see the Weekly Deals from Stampin’ Up! in my online store. The Weekly Deals are only while supplies last and only available at these great prices through May 26.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
- Stampin’ Up! retiring list has posted and items are available only while supplies last. Click here to head right over to my online store to start shopping.
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!
- In addition to my online store, also take PayPal payments for orders – Check my Rewards page for more information.
- I offer gift certificates for Stampin’ Up! merchandise too! Click on my Gift Certificates page for more information.
Stampin’ Up! items used to create this card:
- Real Red – 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ card base, 5/8″ x 3-7/8″ strip
- Night of Navy – Circles Collection Framelits die cut
- Whisper White – 2-1/2″ Circle Punch, two 4″ x 5-1/4″ panels (one inside card)
- Maritime Designer Series Paper – 3/8″ x 3-1/4″ strip, 3/8″ x 3-1/2″ strip, 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″ panel