Sandi MacIver and I are teaming up again today to bring you some project ideas for the Festival of Trees stamp set from Stampin’ Up! So once you take a peek at my projects, be sure to stop by Sandi’s blog for more great ideas with this stamp set.
My card design was inspired by CAS(E) this Sketch #97.
I started by stamping the Festival of Trees image twice in Garden Green ink on a Whisper White panel. I stamped the second image from the Festival of Trees stamp set in Cherry Cobbler ink over the Garden Green images.
I used Post-It Notes to create a mask that covered the stamped tree images and created straight lines extending from the images to the edges of the card. I used 6 or 7 Post-It Notes total…they were layered all over the panel! 🙂 I sponged the center strip with Pistachio Pudding ink, then placed the Stars Decorative Mask over the area and I sponged the stars in Cherry Cobbler ink.
I stamped the sentiment from the Watercolor Winter Too photopolymer stamp set in VersaMark Ink over the sponged panel, sprinkled it with Gold Stampin’ Emboss Powder and heat embossed it. I adhered the stamped panel with SNAIL to a panel cut from the Gold Foil Sheets, then to a Garden Green card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I punched two stars from Gold Glimmer Paper with the star punch from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack and I adhered them with Glue Dots to the card front.
A quick stamp of the Festival of Trees images on a Whisper White panel completed the inside of the card.
For the tag, I started by punching a strip of Under the Tree Specialty DSP with the Angled Tag Topper Punch. I adhered two strips from the Trim the Tree DSP Stack with SNAIL, the stamped the images from the Festival of Trees stamp set in Garden Green and Cherry Cobbler inks on a Whisper White panel. I punched the tree out with the Tree Punch and adhered it with Stampin’ Dimensionals to the tag.
I cut a smaller tag with a die from the Curvy Keepsake Framelits Dies set from Garden Green card stock and I tied it to the larger tag with strands of Cherry Cobbler Baker’s Twine and Linen Thread. I stamped the to:/from: sentiment from the Festival of Trees stamp set on a Whisper White panel in Garden Green ink, punched it out with the Small Oval Punch and adhered it to the tag with SNAIL. I finished the tag by punching a star from Gold Foil Sheets and adhering it to the top of the tree with a Glue Dot.
Now that you’ve seen my projects, click over to Sandi’s blog to check our her fantastic creation!
You can find a complete list of supplies, including card stock cuts, at the very bottom of this post.
October 16-31 Hostess Code: BWA2HSPU
Use this hostess code when you order and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift for October is your choice of any item valued up to $8.95 in either the 2014-15 Annual Catalog or the 2014 Holiday Catalog!
Weekly Deals From Stampin’ Up! Oct 28-Nov 3
Here are this weeks Weekly Deals:
Click here to see the Weekly Deals from Stampin’ Up! in my online store. The Weekly Deals are only while supplies last and only available at these great prices through November 3.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!
- In addition to my online store, also take PayPal payments for orders – Check my Rewards page for more information.
- I offer gift certificates for Stampin’ Up! merchandise too! Click on my Gift Certificates page for more information.
- Garden Green – 4-1/4″ x 11″ card base
- Whisper White – 3-5/8″ x 4-7/8″ panel, 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel (inside card)
- Gold Foil Sheets – 3-3/4″ x 5″ panel
- Gold Glimmer Paper – two Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack punches
- Under the Tree Speciality Designer Series Paper – 2″ x 3-3/4″ strip
- Garden Green – Curvy Keepsakes Framelits die cut
- Whisper White – Tree Punch, Small Oval Punch
- Gold Foil Sheets – Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack punch
- Trim the Tree Designer Series Paper Stacks – 5/8″ x 2-1/2″ strip, 1/2″ x 3″ strip
Stampin’ Up! items used to create this project: