I used the Sassy Salutations stamp set along with the Snowflake Card Thinlits Dies and the Stars Framelits Dies from Stampin’ Up! to create two Christmas cards. I saw a card made by Darleen Adamo on Split Coast Stampers and I loved the design so I switched up the sentiment and die cuts and went to work!
I started by cutting one Crumb Cake panel with a Stars Framelits die and one Crumb Cake panel with the tree die from the Snowflake Card Thinlits Dies set.
I sponged around the edges of the panels and the die cuts with Chocolate Chip ink, then stamped the sentiments from the Sassy Salutations stamp set in VersaMark Ink and heat embossed them with Cherry Cobbler Stampin’ Emboss Powder.
I used my Paper-Piecing Tool, Stampin’ Pierce Mat and the Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack template to pierce around the edges of the panels, then used the uni-ball Signo Gel Pen to create some faux stitching around the edges.
I used my 2-1/2″ Circle Punch to punch holes in two Chocolate Chip card stock panels (please excuse the extra strip of paper showing on the left side of the tree…I got a little wild with the SNAIL!!), then adhered the stamped panels with SNAIL to the panels of Chocolate Chip card stock so that the punched holes lined up with the die cuts in the Crumb Cake panels.
Another view of the two pieces, the item on the left is the card base when it is closed.
I wrapped a strand of Cherry Cobbler Baker’s Twine around the layered panels and tied a bow. Then I punched 2-1/2″ circles from the Trim the Tree DSP Stack and I adhered them to a Crumb Cake card base so that the DSP would show through the die cut holes. I adhered the stamped panel to the Crumb Cake card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I adhered the Crumb Cake die cut pieces from the card fronts to a Whisper White panel inside the cards. Then I cut a tree and a star from the Under the Tree DSP Stack and adhered them over the Crumb Cake die cuts.
To everyone celebrating tonight, have a happy and safe Halloween!!
You can find a complete list of supplies, including card stock cuts, at the very bottom of this post.
October 16-31 Hostess Code: BWA2HSPU
Use this hostess code when you order and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift for October is your choice of any item valued up to $8.95 in either the 2014-15 Annual Catalog or the 2014 Holiday Catalog!
New Demonstrator Joining Promotion Ends Today
The Pick a Pack of Paper joining promotion from Stampin’ Up! is ending today. If you join Stampin’ Up! as a Demonstrator before the end of the day today, you can earn a free pack of Designer Series Paper every month for the next six months! See all of the details on my Join My Team page here.
Good Greetings Host Exclusive Stamp Set Ends Today
You can earn an exclusive Good Greetings Stamp Set when your order/party total reaches of $300-that’s in addition to the regular host benefits! This versatile stamp set covers holidays from Halloween to Valentines and more. But hurry, this free stamp set is only available through today!
The Fine Print:
- All order types qualify for this promotion (customer, workshop, or online).
- Hosts may use their regular host dollars on any current catalog merchandise.
- Orders larger than the qualifying amount are not eligible for additional sets.
- Qualifying order = $300 before tax and shipping; one set per order.
- Qualifying host has the choice of wood or clear mount stamp set.
- Order dates: August 28 – October 31
- Deadlines for orders: Friday, October 31, 2014; 11:50 PM (MST)
Let me know if you have any questions about how you can earn this fantastic stamp set.
Weekly Deals From Stampin’ Up! Oct 28-Nov 3
Here are this weeks Weekly Deals:
Click here to see the Weekly Deals from Stampin’ Up! in my online store. The Weekly Deals are only while supplies last and only available at these great prices through November 3.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!
- In addition to my online store, also take PayPal payments for orders – Check my Rewards page for more information.
- I offer gift certificates for Stampin’ Up! merchandise too! Click on my Gift Certificates page for more information.
- Crumb Cake – two 4-1/4″ x 11″ card bases scored at 5-1/2″, two 3-5/8″ x 4-7/8″ panels
- Chocolate Chip – two 3-3/4″ x 5″ panels
- Whisper White – two 4″ x 5-1/4″ panels (inside card)
- Trim the Tree Designer Series Paper Stacks – two 2-1/2″ Circle Punches, Stars Framelits die cut, Snowflake Card Thinlits die cut
Stampin’ Up! items used to create this project: