I used the Butterfly Basics and A Dozen Thoughts stamp sets from Stampin’ Up! to create my card to share today. I also used some of the Irresistibly Yours DSP for the background, I love the way that it turned out!
My card design was inspired by the My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge 215.
I started by sponging a panel of Irresistibly Yours Specialty DSP with Bermuda Bay, Coastal Cabana, Pool Party and Soft Sky. I sponged about 1/4 of the panel with each color, starting with the darkest at the bottom and moving to the lightest at the top. Then I adhered the sponged panel to a panel of Bermuda Bay card stock with SNAIL and to a Pool Party card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I cut a butterfly from Bermuda Bay card stock with the middle die from the Butterflies Thinlits Dies and I adhered it to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Then I stamped the butterfly image from the Butterfly Basics stamp set in Soft Sky ink on a Whisper White panel and I cut it out with the small butterfly die from the Butterflies Thinlits Dies set. I sponged the edges with Bermuda Bay ink, the adhered it with Glue Dots to the other die cut butterfly.
I stamped the sentiment from the A Dozen Thoughts stamp set in Bermuda Bay ink on a strip of White Vellum card stock. I punched the ends with the Hexagon Punch, then adhered it to the card front with a Stampin’ Dimensional (hidden by the embellishment).
I adhered the large metal flower button from the Artisan Embellishment Kit to the Vellum sentiment with a Glue Dot to complete the card front.
I inked up the butterfly image from the Butterfly Basics stamp set with Pool Party ink, then I sponged Coastal Cabana and Bermuda Bay inks onto the stamp and I stamped the image on a panel of Whisper White card stock on the inside of the card.
You can find a complete list of supplies, including card stock cuts, at the very bottom of this post.
February 15-28 Hostess Code: GV7DYKPC
Use this hostess code when you order and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift for February is your choice of any item valued up to $8.95 in either the 2014-15 Annual Catalog or the 2015 Occasions Catalog!
Are you interested in building your Stampin’ Up! supplies a little at a time and still want to be able to also receive hostess benefits? An Online Hostess Club might be the perfect solution for you! I have a few spaces open in online Hostess Clubs that will be starting on March 1.
New Weekly Deals From Stampin’ Up! Feb 17-23
Here are this weeks Weekly Deals:
Click here to see the Weekly Deals from Stampin’ Up! in my online store. The Weekly Deals are only while supplies last and only available at these great prices through February 23.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
- It’s Sale-A-Bration Time!! Earn a free item for every $50 that you purchase. Click here to read all about it.
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!
- In addition to my online store, also take PayPal payments for orders – Check my Rewards page for more information.
- I offer gift certificates for Stampin’ Up! merchandise too! Click on my Gift Certificates page for more information.
- Pool Party – 4-1/4″ x 11″ card base
- Bermuda Bay – 3-3/4″ x 5″ panel, Butterflies Thinlits Dies die cut
- Whisper White –Butterflies Thinlits Dies die cut, 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel (inside card)
- Irresistibly Yours Specialty Designer Series Paper – 3-5/8″ x 4-7/8″ panel
- White Vellum Card Stock – 3/4″ x 4″ strip
Stampin’ Up! items used to create this project: