I made a really bright card with the Flamingo Lingo stamp set and the Hello You Thinlits Dies from Stampin’ Up! to share with you today. If you’re looking for the Flamingo Lingo stamp set, you can find it inside the back cover of the Annual catalog on page 249. It’s the set that is benefitting the Ronald McDonald House Charities this year!
My card design was inspired by CAS(E) this Sketch #110.
The flamingo theme was inspired by The Paper Players #232.
I started by stamping the sun image from the Kinda Eclectic stamp set in Daffodil Delight ink on a Whisper White panel.
Then I inked the flamingo image from the Flamingo Lingo stamp set in Strawberry Slush ink. I used my Blender Pen to remove the ink from the legs of the bird and I colored the legs with my Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Write Marker and I stamped the image on a panel of Whisper White. I repeated this process until I had sufficient “flamingo coverage”, then I went back and colored the beaks with my Light Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blendabilities Marker (Sale-a-bration item, also available in the Annual Catalog).
I cut the sentiment out with one of the Hello You Thinlits Dies from Daffodil Delight and Strawberry Slush card stocks and I adhered the die cuts together, then to the card front with Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
***Two Quick Tips with the Thinlits Dies: Be sure to place wax paper between your die and the card stock, this will prevent your die cut from tearing when you remove it from the die. When you’re gluing the die cuts together with liquid glue, use the Silicone Craft Sheet (on page 204 in the Annual Catalog) to prevent the die cuts from sticking to your work surface.
I punched flowers with the punch from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack from Daffodil Delight and Strawberry Slush card stocks and I adhered them to the card front with rolled up Glue Dots. I added a Rhinestone Basic Jewel to the center of each flower, then adhered the card front to a panel of Daffodil Delight card stock with SNAIL and to a Strawberry Slush card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I inked up the image from the Flamingo Lingo stamp set again and stamped it on a Whisper White panel inside the card.
You can find a complete list of supplies, including card stock cuts, at the very bottom of this post.
February 15-28 Hostess Code: GV7DYKPC
Use this hostess code when you order and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift for February is your choice of any item valued up to $8.95 in either the 2014-15 Annual Catalog or the 2015 Occasions Catalog!
It’s Sale-a-bration Time!
- Shop: Earn a FREE Sale-A-Bration product for every $50 you spend (before shipping and taxes) through March 31.
- Host : If you place an order or host a workshop during Sale-A-Bration where the total reaches $250, you will get an additional $25 in Host Dollars/Hostess Cash to spend!
- Join : New demonstrators can choose one of the following limited-time Sale-A-Bration offers when joining between January 6 and March 31:
- Option #1: Receive a FREE Simply Created Project Kit from the occasions catalog with your Starter Kit
- Option #2: Receive 2 FREE Sale-A-Bration items of your choice with your Starter Kit.
Let me know if you have any questions about Sale-A-Bration or joining Stampin’ Up! as a Demonstrator. Happy shopping!!
Are you interested in building your Stampin’ Up! supplies a little at a time and still want to be able to also receive hostess benefits? An Online Hostess Club might be the perfect solution for you! I have a few spaces open in online Hostess Clubs that will be starting on March 1.
Weekly Deals From Stampin’ Up! Feb 17-23
Here are this weeks Weekly Deals:
Click here to see the Weekly Deals from Stampin’ Up! in my online store. The Weekly Deals are only while supplies last and only available at these great prices through February 23.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
- It’s Sale-A-Bration Time!! Earn a free item for every $50 that you purchase. Click here to read all about it.
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!
- In addition to my online store, also take PayPal payments for orders – Check my Rewards page for more information.
- I offer gift certificates for Stampin’ Up! merchandise too! Click on my Gift Certificates page for more information.
- Strawberry Slush – 4-1/4″ x 11″ card base, two Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack punches
- Daffodil Delight – 3-3/4″ x 5″ panel, Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack punch
- Whisper White – 3-5/8″ x 4-7/8″ panel, 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel (inside card)
Stampin’ Up! items used to create this project: