I used the Stampin Up! stamp set Among the Branches, the Leaflets Framelits Dies and the Seasonal Frame Thinlits Dies to create a clean and simple card to share today. I saw this card made by Donna, but it didn’t give any instructions for embossing with die cuts…so I played a little and came up with a sandwich that worked!
The design for my card was inspired by CAS(E) this Sketch #141.
I started by cutting a square from Delightful Dijon card stock. I punched the corners of the square with the Project Life Corner Punch, then placed it on a panel of Very Vanilla card stock in the location that I wanted it. I put just a tiny bit of SNAIL on the back of the square and lightly adhered it to the Very Vanilla card stock (just enough to hold it in place while I stamped the leaves).
I stamped the leaf images from the Among the Branches photopolymer stamp set in Rich Razzleberry, Blackberry Bliss and Delightful Dijon inks on the Delightful Dijon and Very Vanilla panels. I lifted the square from the panel then stamped the two leaf images again on the Very Vanilla panel so that there wouldn’t be an unstamped gap between the two layers of card stock.
Then I embossed the Very Vanilla card stock panel with the following sandwich in my Big Shot (list goes from bottom to top):
- Multipurpose Cutting Platform open to Tab 1 (the one that you normally use for dry embossing)
- Standard Cutting Pad
- 4″ x 6″ panel cut from the backer that is included in a pack of Designer Series Paper…yep, just the backer board that you normally discard!
- Three Leaflets Framelits die cuts from a separate panel of the DSP backer board stacked directly on top of each other and adhered together with SNAIL
- Very Vanilla card stock panel that had been previously stamped
- Silicone Craft Sheet
- Standard Cutting Pad
I ran this sandwich through my Big Shot and the panel came out embossed beautifully! An added bonus…you can reuse the stacked die cuts over and over again. I made one for each of the leaf shapes in the Leaflets Framelits Dies set. 🙂
Once I had my panel embossed, I adhered it to a panel of Rich Razzleberry card stock with SNAIL, then to a Blackberry Bliss card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I adhered two strips of the Bohemian Designer Washi Tape over the embossed area, then adhered the Delightful Dijon square with SNAIL that I’d cut and stamped earlier. I cut three of the sentiments from the Seasonal Frame Thinlits Dies from Blackberry Bliss card stock, adhered them together and then to the card front using the Fine-Tip Glue Pen.
I stamped the leaf images from the Among the Branches stamp set in Rich Razzleberry, Blackberry Bliss and Delightful Dijon inks on a panel of Very Vanilla card stock inside the card.
You can find a complete list of supplies, including card stock cuts, at the very bottom of this post.
September 16-30 Host Code: SVVUYRES
Use this host code when you order and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $8.00 in the 2015 Holiday Catalog or 2015-16 Annual Catalog! See my Rewards page for full details.
Weekly Deals From Stampin’ Up! September 22-28
Here are this weeks Weekly Deals:
Click here to see the Weekly Deals from Stampin’ Up! in my online store. The Weekly Deals are only while supplies last and only available at these great prices through September 28.
Backorder List From Stampin’ Up!
Stampin’ Up! has provided us with the list of items currently on backorder with their anticipated in-stock dates.
Currently, the following items are on BACKORDER; backordered items will be available on or before the date indicated:
139672: Softly Falling Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (1,252 backordered; 9,648 expected)
139673: Woodland Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (3,536 backordered; 3,024 expected)
139670: Sleigh Ride Edgelits Dies (2,179 backordered; 1,920 expected)
138402: Silver Metallic Thread (87 backordered; 2,816 expected)
139592: Home for Christmas Designer Series Paper
139752: Wonderland Wood Stamp Set
139647: To You and Yours Shaker Cards Project Kit (347 backordered; 2,500 expected)
139666: Hearth & Home Thinlits Dies (2,970 backordered; 3,120 expected)
139622: Spider Web Paper Doilies (3,451 backordered; 6,930 expected)
Sold Out and No Longer Available
140969: Witching Décor Project Kit
I will continue to post the updated list as Stampin’ Up! provides the to us, so be sure to check my blog before ordering to avoid frustration when items are unavailable.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!
- In addition to my online store, also take PayPal payments for orders – Check my Rewards page for more information.
- I offer gift certificates for Stampin’ Up! merchandise too! Click on my Gift Certificates page for more information.
- Blackberry Bliss – 4-1/4″ x 11″ card base, three Seasonal Frame Thinlits die cuts
- Rich Razzleberry – 3-3/4″ x 5″ panel
- Delightful Dijon – 1-1/2″ x 1-1/2″ square
- Very Vanilla – 3-5/8″ x 4-7/8″ panel, 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel (inside card)
- Backer Board – 4″ x 6″ panel, three Leaflets Framelits die cuts
Stampin’ Up! items used to create this project: