We’re back with our Stampin’ Up! weekly team blog hop for the Happy Stampers group! This week we’ve got a sketch challenge to play along with. I used the Cozy Christmas stamp set to create my card for the hop.
Here is the sketch that we’re using this week:
I started by adhering a panel from the Home for Christmas DSP to a panel of Mossy Meadow card stock with SNAIL, then to a Real Red card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I adhered a wide panel from the Home for Christmas DSP to the card front with SNAIL, then carefully inked the sentiment from the Oh, What Fun photopolymer stamp set in Real Red and Mossy Meadow inks (since you can see through the stamp, this is fairly easy to do) and stamped it on a panel of Very Vanilla card stock.
I punched the sentiment out with the Decorative Label Punch and adhered three Decorative Label Punches from Real Red card stock to the back of the sentiment, each slid out about 1/8″ so that it layered. I snipped off the top section of the layered punches and tucked it under the wide DSP panel, adhering it with SNAIL.
I stamped the Santa and house images from the Cozy Christmas stamp set in Mossy Meadow ink on a panel from the Home for Christmas DSP and I used my fine tip on my Hello Honey Stampin’ Write Marker to color the windows in the house. I adhered the stamped panel to a panel of Mossy Meadow card stock, then to the card front with SNAIL.
I adhered one of the Snowflake Elements to the card front with a Glue Dot, then added an Iced Rhinestone Embellishment over it to finish the card front.
I stamped the sentiment from the Cozy Christmas stamp set in Real Red ink on a Very Vanilla panel, then I inked up the Santa and house images in Mossy Meadow ink, stamped them on scrap paper twice, then stamped them on the panel inside the card.
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what Shelagh Freemantle has created today.
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
- Sandi MacIver
- Amy Koenders – You Are Here
- Shelagh Freemantle
- Mary Deatherage
- Jari Francis
- Kristi Gray
October 1-15 Host Code: X7H4X6GH
Use this host code when you order and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $8.00 in the 2015 Holiday Catalog or 2015-16 Annual Catalog! See my Rewards page for full details.
Weekly Deals From Stampin’ Up! Oct 13-19
Here are this weeks Weekly Deals:
Click here to see the Weekly Deals from Stampin’ Up! in my online store. The Weekly Deals are only while supplies last and only available at these great prices through October 19.
Backorder List From Stampin’ Up!
Stampin’ Up! has provided us with the list of items currently on backorder with their anticipated in-stock dates.
Currently, the following items are on BACKORDER; backordered items will be available on or before the date indicated:
- 139584: Happy Haunting Designer Series Paper (2,554 backordered; 8,700 expected)
- 139647: To You and Yours Shaker Cards Project Kit (1,083 backordered; 2,500 expected)
- 139643: Reindeer Paper Clips (3,799 backordered; 5,040 expected)
- 139683: Curvy Corner Trio Punch (3,408 backordered; 4,200 expected)
- 139622: Spider Web Paper Doilies (9,106 backordered; 6,930 expected. 3,150 more expected 30 October)
- 140536: Home for Christmas Enamel Dots (698 backordered; 5,040 expected)
- 139638: Snowflake Elements (552 backordered; 2,052 expected)
- 138281: Lots of Labels Framelits Dies (207 backordered; 528 expected)
- 138309: Fine-Tip Glue Pen (4,223 backordered; 10,700 expected)
Date to be Determined
- 139666: Hearth & Home Thinlits Dies (8,682 backordered)
- 139673: Woodland Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (7,455 backordered)
- 138288: Brick Wall Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (117 backordered)
Sold Out and No Longer Available
140969: Witching Décor Project Kit
I will continue to post the updated list as Stampin’ Up! provides the to us, so be sure to check my blog before ordering to avoid frustration when items are unavailable.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!
- In addition to my online store, also take PayPal payments for orders – Check my Rewards page for more information.
- I offer gift certificates for Stampin’ Up! merchandise too! Click on my Gift Certificates page for more information.
- Real Red – 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ card base, three Decorative Label Punches
- Mossy Meadow – 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel, 2″ x 5-1/8″ panel
- Very Vanilla – Decorative Label Punch, 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel (inside card)
- Home for Christmas Designer Series Paper – 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″ panel, 2-3/8″ x 5-1/8″ panel, 1-7/8″ x 5-1/8″ panel
Stampin’ Up! items used to create this project:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
Love your card! The sleigh is perfect and the whole scene is so neat with the paper.
Thanks Jari! 🙂
Just darling. I might have to case this one!!!!
Thanks Kristi! 🙂
Yay, I’ve got this set and guess what I’m going to CASE! I love how you showcased this stamp set Amy 🙂 Makes me think of Christmas and being cozy inside. Hmmm, wonder if we’re going to get snow this year? Hard to imagine when it’s still in the 70’s, lol 😉
Thanks Jill, glad that you liked it! Hope that we get a little snow at Christmas while the kids are out of school, not during the school day like we had two years ago! 🙂
Why isn’t anyone using Red Glimmer paper or Red Foil dot for a nose of one of the front reindeers? I would to see that. I don’t have mine yet.
That’s a great idea Gloria! I’ll have to give that a try next time. 🙂
Oh my goodness, how stinkin adorable is this, I LOVE vintage christmas cards and you have so many unique touches in this one, nice job Amy
Thanks Sandi! 🙂
I so love your card amy! This DSP has so many uses as well as the stamp set. Such a cute card. Of course everything you make is fantastic.
Aww…thanks so much Mary! Glad that you liked it. 🙂
As usual, I just love your card! It’s really just perfect! 🙂
Thanks Mary! 🙂
Love it! Such detail. It really tells a story to me. I can just see the children all nestled in bed.
Thanks so much Roberta! 🙂
Cute card Amy. I like this retro look.
Thanks Trude! 🙂
You stinker…I may have to buy that dsp…..love this scene and the inside is gorgeous as well.
Of course you need that DSP Shelagh!! 🙂 Thanks so much!