I used the Stampin’ Up! Bear Hugs stamp set from the upcoming 2016 Occasions Catalog to create my card for the Happy Stampers blog hop. We’ve got a sketch challenge to play along with this week and this is what I created:
Here is the sketch that we’re playing along with this week…yes, I embellished the sketch just a bit. 😉
I started by cutting a panel of Lost Lagoon card stock with the Striped Scallop Thinlits die. I adhered the die cut panel to another panel of Lost Lagoon card stock with touches of Multipurpose Liquid Glue, then to a Crumb Cake card stock panel with SNAIL.
I punched a 2-1/2″ Circle from Hello Honey card stock and adhered it to the panel with SNAIL, then adhered a strip of DSP from the Going Places DSP Stack (available Jan 5) over the circle punch. I adhered the layered panel to a Mossy Meadow card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I inked the sentiment and bear image from the Bear Hugs stamp set (available Jan 5) in Chocolate Chip ink and stamped them on a panels of Very Vanilla and Crumb Cake card stocks. Then I stamped the fish images and the flower image in Basic Black Archival Ink on a panel of Very Vanilla card stock and colored them with my Smoky Slate, Watermelon Wonder, Hello Honey, Mossy Meadow and Lost Lagoon Stampin’ Write Markers.
I cut the images out with the matching Bear Hugs Framelits Dies (available in a bundle with the Bear Hugs stamp set on Jan 5) and punched the end of the sentiment strip with the Banner Triple Punch. I tied a strand of Linen Thread around the bear paw and taped the ends to the back of the two fish die cuts. Then I adhered the sentiment with SNAIL and the die cut images with Stampin’ Dimensionals to the card front.
I stamped the bear image in Chocolate Chip ink on a panel of Very Vanilla card stock inside the card.
You can find a complete list of supplies, including card stock cuts, at the very bottom of this post.
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what Shelagh Freemantle has created today.
- Sandi MacIver
- Amy Koenders – You Are Here
- Shelagh Freemantle
- Mary Deatherage
- Jari Francis
- Kristi Gray
- Heather Wright-Porto
December 16-31 Host Code: X6Q7M3M6
Use this host code when you order and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $8.00 in the 2015 Holiday Catalog or 2015-16 Annual Catalog! See my Rewards page for full details.
Weekly Deals From Stampin’ Up! Dec 22-28
Here are this weeks Weekly Deals:
Click here to see the Weekly Deals from Stampin’ Up! in my online store. The Weekly Deals are only while supplies last and only available at these great prices through December 28.
Backorder List From Stampin’ Up!
Stampin’ Up! has provided us with the list of items currently on backorder with their anticipated in-stock dates.
- 139672: Softly Falling Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (523 backordered; 9,576 expected)
- 138296: Washi Label Punch (50 backordered; 2,016 expected)
- 126995: Stampin’ Trimmer Cutting Blades (1,004 backordered; 6,688 expected) – will likely be delayed until February due to a quality issue
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!
- In addition to my online store, also take PayPal payments for orders – Check my Rewards page for more information.
- I offer gift certificates for Stampin’ Up! merchandise too! Click on my Gift Certificates page for more information.
Card stock cuts for this project:
- Mossy Meadow – 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ card base
- Crumb Cake – 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel, Bear Hugs Framelits die cut
- Lost Lagoon – two 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″ panels
- Hello Honey – 2-1/2″ Circle Punch
- Very Vanilla – 5/8″ x 3″ strip, three Bear Hugs Thinlits die cuts, 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel (inside card)
Stampin’ Up! items used to create this project: