A very Merry Christmas to you all! Hope that you all have a wonderful holiday with family and friends.
I used the Stampin’ Up! Balloon Celebration stamp set from the upcoming Occasions Catalog to create my card for the monthly Totally Techniques blog hop. This month we’re focusing on the masking tape technique. Here is my card:
I created a quick written tutorial for the Masking Tape Technique for another card that I made, you can check out my tutorial here.
The design for my card was inspired by Retrosketches #195.
I started by using Blue Painters Tape and my Mint Macaron, Melon Mambo and Crushed Curry ink pads to create the striped background on a panel of Whisper White card stock. I stamped the balloon string image from the Balloon Celebration photopolymer stamp set (available Jan 5) on a panel of White Vellum in Basic Black Archival ink. I adhered the vellum panel over the striped panel with Glue Dots (hidden under the areas where the balloons would be adhered).
I adhered the striped panel to a panel of Mint Macaron card stock with SNAIL, then to a Melon Mambo card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals. I stamped the solid balloon images from the Balloon Celebration stamp set in Mint Macaron, Melon Mambo and Crushed Curry inks on a panel of Whisper White card stock.
I stamped the dotted balloon images in corresponding colors over the solid balloon images, then punched them out with the matching Balloon Bouquet Punch (available Jan 5). I adhered the balloon punches to the card front with Glue Dots, then tied a bow from the Baker’s Twine Combo Pack (available Jan 5) and adhered it to the card front with a rolled up Glue Dot.
I stamped the sentiment from the Balloon Celebration stamp set on a strip of Whisper White card stock, punched both ends with the Banner Punch and adhered it with Glue Dots to the card front. I added three of the It’s My Party Enamel Dots (available Jan 5) to finish it.
I stamped the balloon images from the Balloon Celebration stamp set in Basic Black Archival, Crushed Curry, Mint Macaron and Melon Mambo inks on a Whisper White panel inside the card.
You can find a complete list of supplies, including card stock cuts, at the very bottom of this post.
Okay, on with the hop! Click the banner below to move forward to Lee Conrey’s fantastic project.
If you get lost along the way, here is a list of the participants in the Totally Techniques Blog Hop:
- Patrice Halliday-Larsen – New Zealand
- Amy Koenders – USA <= You Are Here
- Lee Conrey – USA
- Shelagh Freemantle – Canada
- Marine Wiplier – France
- Erna Logtenberg – Netherlands
- Heather Wright-Porto – USA
December 16-31 Host Code: X6Q7M3M6
Use this host code when you order and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $8.00 in the 2015 Holiday Catalog or 2015-16 Annual Catalog! See my Rewards page for full details.
Weekly Deals From Stampin’ Up! Dec 22-28
Here are this weeks Weekly Deals:
Click here to see the Weekly Deals from Stampin’ Up! in my online store. The Weekly Deals are only while supplies last and only available at these great prices through December 28.
Backorder List From Stampin’ Up!
Stampin’ Up! has provided us with the list of items currently on backorder with their anticipated in-stock dates.
- 126995: Stampin’ Trimmer Cutting Blades (1,004 backordered; 6,688 expected) – will likely be delayed until February due to a quality issue
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!
- In addition to my online store, also take PayPal payments for orders – Check my Rewards page for more information.
- I offer gift certificates for Stampin’ Up! merchandise too! Click on my Gift Certificates page for more information.
Card stock cuts for this project:
- Melon Mambo – 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ card base
- Mint Macaron – 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel
- Whisper White – 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″ panel, six Balloon Bouquet Punches, 5/8″ x 3″ strip, 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel (inside card)
- White Vellum – 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″ panel
Stampin’ Up! items used to create this project: