I used the Stampin’ Up! Sunburst Sayings stamp set to create my card for the monthly Totally Techniques blog hop. This month we’re focusing on the bouncing brayer technique. This project is pretty bright…so I’m warning you that you might need your shades. 🙂
Here is my card:
The design for my card was inspired by Can You Case It #108.
I started by inking up my Brayer with So Saffron ink. I picked a “center” point for the sun rays that I would be creating and lined up one edge of the brayer with that point. I bounced the brayer around the entire panel of card stock, rotating it occasionally as the ink colors lightened until I had a sun ray effect.
I repeated that process with Daffodil Delight ink, then adhered the panel to a panel of Daffodil Delight card stock with SNAIL. I wrapped a strand of Silver 5/8″ Satin Ribbon around the panel, then added a strand of Pumpkin Pie 1/4″ Cotton Ribbon, adhering both with SNAIL.
I stamped the sentiment from the Sunburst Sayings stamp set in VersaMark ink on a panel of Daffodil Delight card stock, sprinkled it with Silver Stampin’ Emboss Powder and heat embossed it. I cut the sentiment out with a Circles Collection Framelits Die, adhered it to a Baker’s Box Thinlits die cut from Silver Foil Sheets and then to a 1-3/4″ Circle Punch from Pumpkin Pie card stock with SNAIL. I adhered the layered sentiment panel to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I adhered a panel from the Shine On Specialty DSP to a Pumpkin Pie card base with Multipurpose Liquid Glue, then adhered the layered card front over the panel with Stampin’ Dimensionals. I added a few random Rhinestone Basic Jewels to finish the card front.
I stamped the dot image from the Sunburst Sayings stamp set in Daffodil Delight and So Saffron inks across a Whisper White panel inside the card.
You can find a complete list of supplies, including card stock cuts, at the very bottom of this post.
Okay, on with the hop! Click the banner below to move forward to Lee Conrey’s fantastic project.
If you get lost along the way, here is a list of the participants in the Totally Techniques Blog Hop:
- Sandi MacIver – Canada
- Patrice Halliday-Larsen – New Zealand
- Amy Koenders – USA <= You Are Here
- Lee Conrey – USA
- Shelagh Freemantle – Canada
- Erna Logtenberg – Netherlands
- Heather Wright-Porto – USA
- Shannean Moncrieff – Australia
- Nadine Weiner – Germany
- Alison Solven – Canada
February 16-29 Host Code: BRJF77WT
Use this host code when you order and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $8.00 in the 2016 Occasions Catalog or 2015-16 Annual Catalog! See my Rewards page for full details.
We Have a New Family Member!
On a more personal note, yesterday we welcomed a Goldendoodle named “Ginny” to our home…the kids are in love. 🙂
She does have an awfully sweet face and both of her parents are therapy/service dogs, so she’s got a very calm demeanor. Depending on how things go, we may have her trained as a therapy dog for our daughter once she gets a little older. For now, she’s getting used to her new surroundings and four new faces…I’m sure that I’ll have her stamping in no time. 😉
Weekly Deals From Stampin’ Up! Feb 23-29
Here are this weeks Weekly Deals:
Click here to see the Weekly Deals from Stampin’ Up! in my online store. The Weekly Deals are only while supplies last and only available at these great prices through February 29.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!
- In addition to my online store, also take PayPal payments for orders – Check my Rewards page for more information.
- I offer gift certificates for Stampin’ Up! merchandise too! Click on my Gift Certificates page for more information.
Card stock cuts for this project:
- Pumpkin Pie – 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ card base, 1-3/4″ Circle Punch
- Daffodil Delight – 3-3/4″ x 5″ panel, Circles Collection Framelits die cut
- Whisper White – 3-5/8″ x 4-7/8″ panel, 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel (inside card)
- Silver Foil Sheets – Baker’s Box Thinlits die cut
- Shine On Specialty Designer Series Paper – 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ panel
Stampin’ Up! items used to create this project: