I used the Stampin’ Up! In the Meadow stamp set to create my card for the Happy Stampers blog hop. We’ve got a sketch challenge to play along with this week and this is what I created for it:
Here is the sketch that we’re using this week:
I started by cutting an oval from a panel of scrap card stock with an Ovals Collection Framelits die. I placed the oval over a panel of Very Vanilla card stock, securing it with Post-It Tape, then stamped the deer and flower images from the In The Meadow stamp set in Basic Black Archival Ink inside the oval.
I painted the images with my Aqua Painter and Soft Suede, So Saffron, Calypso Coral, Blushing Bride and Pear Pizzazz inks. I let the images dry completely, then sponged a little Soft Suede ink around the edges of the oval before removing the scrap paper.
I stamped the sentiment from the Birthday Blooms stamp set in Soft Suede ink under the sponged image. I adhered a strip from the Typeset Specialty DSP to a Basic Black card base then adhered the focal panel over it with SNAIL.
I punched leaves from Pear Pizzazz card stock with the Bird Builder Punch, trimmed the ends off and adhered them with Glue Dots to the card front. I punched flowers from So Saffron, Calypso Coral and Blushing Bride card stocks with the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack punch, adhered them with Glue Dots then added a Pearl Basic Jewel to the center of each flower to finish the card front.
I inked the deer image from the In The Meadow stamp set in Soft Suede ink, stamped it on scrap paper once then stamped it on a panel of Very Vanilla card stock inside the card.
You can find a complete list of supplies, including card stock cuts, at the very bottom of this post.
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what Shelagh Freemantle has created today.
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
- Amy Koenders – You Are Here
- Shelagh Freemantle
- Mary Deatherage
- Jari Francis
- Kristi Gray
- Heather Wright-Porto
March 16-31 Host Code: Q4QN2M2Y
Use this host code when you order and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $8.00 in the 2016 Occasions Catalog or 2015-16 Annual Catalog! See my Rewards page for full details.
Weekly Deals From Stampin’ Up! March 15-21
Here are this weeks Weekly Deals:
Click here to see the Weekly Deals from Stampin’ Up! in my online store. The Weekly Deals are only while supplies last and only available at these great prices through March 21.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!
- In addition to my online store, also take PayPal payments for orders – Check my Rewards page for more information.
- I offer gift certificates for Stampin’ Up! merchandise too! Click on my Gift Certificates page for more information.
Card stock cuts for this project:
- Basic Black – 4-1/4″ x 11″ card base
- Blushing Bride – Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack punch
- So Saffron – Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack punch
- Calypso Coral – Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack punch
- Pear Pizzazz – three Bird Builder Punches
- Very Vanilla – 4″ x 5-1/2″ panel, 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel (inside card)
- Typeset Specialty Designer Series Paper – 5/8″ x 5-1/2″ strip
Stampin’ Up! items used to create this project: