I used the Stampin’ Up! Rose Wonder stamp set to create my card for the monthly Totally Techniques blog hop. This month we’re focusing on the floating reinker technique.
Here is my card:
My card design was inspired by The Paper Players #292.
The colors for my card were inspired by Can You Case It #117.
I started by stamping the sentiment from the Another Thank You photopolymer stamp set (retiring) in Basic Black Archival ink on a panel of Very Vanilla card stock. I embossed the panel with the Elegant Dots Embossing Folder (used with the logo facing down), then adhered it to a panel of Basic Black card stock with SNAIL.
I adhered three panels from the Timeless Elegance DSP (retiring) to panels of Basic Black card stock, then to the card front with SNAIL. I adhered the layered panel to a Basic Black card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I stamped the image from the Rose Wonder stamp set in VersaMark Ink on a panel of Shimmery White card stock. I sprinkled the image with Copper Stampin’ Emboss Powder (available June 1) and heat embossed it. I spritzed the entire panel with water, then used drops of ink from my Peekaboo Peach (available June 1) and Cucumber Crush ink refills and my Aqua Painter to float the ink over the image.
I let the image dry completely, then snipped it out. I adhered the rose image with Stampin’ Dimensionals to the card front and I tucked the leaf images under the rose and adhered them with SNAIL.
I adhered a strip from the Timeless Elegance DSP to a panel of Very Vanilla card stock inside the card.
You can find a complete list of supplies, including card stock cuts, at the very bottom of this post.
Okay, on with the hop! Click the banner below to move forward to Lee Conrey’s fantastic project.
If you get lost along the way, here is a list of the participants in the Totally Techniques Blog Hop:
- Sandi MacIver – Canada
- Patrice Halliday-Larsen – New Zealand
- Amy Koenders – USA <= You Are Here
- Lee Conrey – USA
- Shelagh Freemantle – Canada
- Marine Wiplier – France
- Erna Logtenberg – Netherlands
- Heather Wright-Porto – USA
- Shannean Moncrieff – Australia
- Nadine Weiner – Germany
- Alison Solven – Canada
April 16-30 Host Code: 7CJMDYPD
Use this host code when you order and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $8.00 in the 2016 Occasions Catalog or 2015-16 Annual Catalog! See my Rewards page for full details.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!
- In addition to my online store, also take PayPal payments for orders – Check my Rewards page for more information.
- I offer gift certificates for Stampin’ Up! merchandise too! Click on my Gift Certificates page for more information.
Card stock cuts for this project:
- Basic Black – 4-1/4″ x 11″ card base, 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel, 1-1/4″ x 5″ panel, 1-1/8″ x 4-3/8″ panel, 1-3/8″ x 4-1/8″ panel
- Shimmery White – hand cut images
- Very Vanilla – 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″ panel, 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel (inside card)
- Timeless Elegance Designer Series Paper – 1-1/8″ x 4-7/8″ panel, 1″ x 4-1/2″ panel, 1-1/4″ x 4″ panel, 5/8″ x 4″ strip (inside card)
Stampin’ Up! items used to create this project: