This is my second post for the day, if you’re looking for my Swirly Bird card for Fab Friday, please click here to to right to it. I used the Stampin’ Up! In This World stamp set to create my card for the monthly Totally Techniques blog hop. This month we’re focusing on the spotlight technique.
Here is my card:
The design for my card was inspired by Pals Paper Arts PPA306.
I started by stamping the butterfly image from the In This World stamp set in Soft Suede ink on a panel of Very Vanilla card stock three times. I added the sentiment from the Watercolor Wishes stamp set in Soft Suede ink as well.
I sponged he edges of the Very Vanilla card stock panel with Soft Suede ink, then adhered the panel to a panel of Soft Suede card stock with SNAIL and to a Pool Party card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I stamped the butterfly image from the In This World stamp set in Soft Suede ink on a panel of Watercolor paper three times and I used Soft Suede, Pool Party and So Saffron inks and an Aqua Painter (blotted as dry as I could get it) to add a little color to the images. I let the watercolored images dry completely, cut them out with a Layering Circles Framelits die, then adhered them to a 1-1/2″ Circle Punch from Soft Suede card stock and to the card front with SNAIL.
I added a Pool Party and Gold enamel circle from the Subtles and Metallics Enamel Shapes packs next to the sentiment to finish the card front.
I stamped the butterfly image from the In This World stamp set in Soft Suede ink on a panel of Very Vanilla card stock. I adhered the stamped panel to a panel of Soft Suede card stock, then to the inside of the card with SNAIL.
You can find a complete list of supplies, including card stock cuts, at the very bottom of this post.
Okay, on with the hop! Click the banner below to move forward to Shelagh Freemantle’s fantastic project.
If you get lost along the way, here is a list of the participants in the Totally Techniques Blog Hop:
- Sandi MacIver – Canada
- Patrice Halliday-Larsen – New Zealand
- Amy Koenders – USA <= You Are Here
- Shelagh Freemantle – Canada
- Marine Wiplier – France
- Erna Logtenberg – Netherlands
- Heather Wright-Porto – USA
- Nadine Weiner – Germany
- Alison Solven – Canada
June 16 – 30 Host Code: VCC3K6NP
Use this host code when you order and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $8.00 in 2016-17 Annual Catalog! See my Rewards page for full details.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!
- In addition to my online store, also take PayPal payments for orders – Check my Rewards page for more information.
- I offer gift certificates for Stampin’ Up! merchandise too! Click on my Gift Certificates page for more information.
Card stock cuts for this project:
- Pool Party – 4-1/4″ x 11″ card base
- Soft Suede – 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel, three 1-1/2″ Circle Punches
- Very Vanilla – 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″ panel, 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel (inside the card)
- Watercolor Paper – three Layering Circles Framelits die cuts
Stampin’ Up! items used to create this project: