I used the Stampin’ Up! Swirly Bird and Places You’ll Go stamp sets to create my card for this weeks Fab Friday color challenge.
Here are the colors for Fab Friday 90.
The design for my card was inspired by Retrosketches #219.
I started by stamping the sentiment from the Places You’ll Go photopolymer stamp set in Night of Navy ink on a panel of Whisper White card stock. I adhered a strip of Real Red card stock at a diagonal across the panel with SNAIL, then adhered the stamped panel to a panel of Real Red card stock with SNAIL.
I punched 2″ strips of Whisper White card stock and Tempting Turquoise DSP from the Brights DSP Stack with the Scalloped Tag Topper Punch on one end and the Banner Triple Punch on the other. I stamped the sailboat images from the Swirly Bird photopolymer stamp set in Pacific Point, Real Red, Tempting Turquoise and Night of Navy inks on the Whisper White tag, then I sponged the edges with Night of Navy ink.
I cut the water with the die from the Swirly Scribbles Thinlits Dies from Tempting Turquoise and Night of Navy card stocks. I ran SNAIL across the Whisper White tag about 4 times, so that the adhesive was the width of the die cuts and I adhered the Tempting Turquoise die cut, then the pieces from the Night of Navy die cut over the SNAIL area. I trimmed the die cuts even with the edges of the tag.
I adhered the two tags together with SNAIL, then pulled 4 strands of Night of Navy Solid Baker’s Twine through the hole at the top and tied a knot. I adhered the layered tags with Stampin’ Dimensionals to the Whisper White panel, then adhered the layered panel with Stampin’ Dimensionals to the Night of Navy card base.
I stamped the Swirly Bird images in Pacific Point, Real Red, Tempting Turquoise and Night of Navy inks on a Whisper White card stock panel inside the card.
You can find a complete list of supplies, including card stock cuts, at the very bottom of this post.
Head on over to the Fab Friday challenge blog to see what the other design team members have created. Hope that you’ll play along too!
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!
- In addition to my online store, also take PayPal payments for orders – Check my Rewards page for more information.
- I offer gift certificates for Stampin’ Up! merchandise too! Click on my Gift Certificates page for more information.
Card stock cuts for this project:
- Night of Navy – 4-1/4″ x 11″ card base
- Real Red – 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel, 1″ x 7″ strip trimmed to fit
- Whisper White – 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″ panel, 2″ x 4-1/4″ panel, 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel (inside card)
- Brights Designer Series Paper Stack – 2″ x 4-1/4″ panel
Stampin’ Up! items used to create this project: