I used the Stampin’ Up! Penned & Painted and Build a Birthday stamp sets to create my card for the monthly Totally Techniques blog hop. This month we’re focusing on the ombre technique. I featured this technique by stamping the flowers in colors from lightest to darkest. Here is my project:
The design for my card was inspired by Fusion’s Soft & Subtle Challenge.
I started by stamping the flower and leaf outline images from the Penned & Painted photopolymer stamp set in Smoky Slate ink randomly across a panel of Whisper White card stock.
I stamped the flower images and leaves from the Penned & Painted stamp set from top to bottom in:
- Pink Pirouette, So Saffron and Pear Pizzazz inks
- Blushing Bride, Daffodil Delight and Wild Wasbi inks
- Flirty Flamingo, Crushed Curry and Cucumber Crush inks
I adhered the stamped panel to a panel of Flirty Flamingo card stock with SNAIL and then to a Pink Pirouette card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I stamped the sentiment from the Build a Birthday stamp set in VersaMark Ink on a strip of Flirty Flamingo card stock, sprinkled it with White Stampin’ Emboss Powder and heat embossed it. I adhered the sentiment strip with SNAIL and then a thin strip of Flirty Flamingo card stock with Multipurpose Liquid Glue to the card front.
I punched the ends of two strips of White Vellum with the Banner Triple Punch and adhered them with Glue Dots (hidden under the button) to the card front. I pulled a strand of Blushing Bride Solid Baker’s Twine through a Classy Designer Button, tied a bow and then adhered it with a Glue Dot over the banners. I added a Blushing Bride and Pink Pirouette enamel dot from the Subtles Enamel Shapes next to the sentiment to finish the card front.
I stamped the flower images from the Penned & Painted stamp set in Smoky Slate, Pink Pirouette, So Saffron and Pear Pizzazz inks on a Whisper White panel inside the card.
You can find a complete list of supplies, including card stock cuts, at the very bottom of this post.
Okay, on with the hop! Click the banner below to move forward to Marine Wilpier’s fantastic project.
If you get lost along the way, here is a list of the participants in the Totally Techniques Blog Hop:
- Patrice Halliday-Larsen – New Zealand
- Amy Koenders – USA <= You Are Here
- Marine Wiplier – France
- Shannean Moncrieff – Australia
- Nadine Weiner – Germany
October 16 – 31 Host Code: HWMKHD3X
Use this host code when you order and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in the 2016 Holiday Catalog or the 2016-17 Annual Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets! See my Rewards page for full details.
Designer Series Paper Buy Three, Get One Free Sale Through Oct 31!
October 1 through 31, you can buy three packages of Designer Series Paper and get one free! Click here to head over to my online store to see the papers that are included in this sale!
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!
- In addition to my online store, also take PayPal payments for orders – Check my Rewards page for more information.
- I offer gift certificates for Stampin’ Up! merchandise too! Click on my Gift Certificates page for more information.
Card stock cuts for this project:
- Pink Pirouette – 4-1/4″ x 11″ card base
- Flirty Flamingo – 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel, 7/8″ x 3-7/8″ strip, 1/8″ x 3-7/8″ strip
- Whisper White – 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″ panel, 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel (inside card)
- White Vellum – 1/2″ x 2-3/4″ strip, 1/2″ x 3″ strip
Stampin’ Up! items used to create this project: