I used the Stampin’ Up! Dragonfly Dreams and Sunshine Sayings stamp sets to create my card for the monthly Totally Techniques blog hop. This month we’re focusing on the emboss resist technique. Here is my project:
My card design was inspired by the Fusion – Joy Challenge.
I started by stamping the dragonfly and dot images from the Dragonfly Dreams photopolymer stamp set (available Jan 4) in VersaMark ink on a panel of Very Vanilla card stock. I sprinkled the images with Clear Stampin’ Emboss Powder and heat embossed them.
I used a Sponge Brayer along with (from top to bottom) Soft Sky, Pool Party, Marina Mist and Bermuda Bay inks to ink the Very Vanilla panel. Once I had the panel inked, I wiped the excess ink from the embossed areas with a soft cloth.
I cut the sentiment from Blushing Bride Glimmer paper with the Sunshine Wishes Thinlits die and I adhered it to the card front with touches of Multipurpose Liquid Glue. I stamped the sentiment from the Sunshine Sayings stamp set in Bermuda Bay ink above the die cut and then adhered the stamped panel to a panel of Blushing Bride card stock with SNAIL and to a Bermuda Bay card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I stamped the dragonfly image from the Dragonfly Dreams stamp set in Soft Sky ink on a Very Vanilla panel inside the card.
You can find a list of supplies, including card stock cuts, at the very bottom of this post.
Okay, on with the hop! Click the banner below to move forward to Shannean Moncrieff’s fantastic project.
If you get lost along the way, here is a list of the participants in the Totally Techniques Blog Hop:
- Patrice Halliday-Larsen – New Zealand
- Amy Koenders – USA <= You Are Here
- Shannean Moncrieff – Australia
- Nadine Weiner – Germany
- Zoe Tant – UK
November 16 – 30 Host Code: AAFDWHAS
Use this host code when you order and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in the 2016 Holiday Catalog or the 2016-17 Annual Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets! See my Rewards page for full details.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!
- In addition to my online store, also take PayPal payments for orders – Check my Rewards page for more information.
- I offer gift certificates for Stampin’ Up! merchandise too! Click on my Gift Certificates page for more information.
Card stock cuts for this project:
- Bermuda Bay – 4-1/4″ x 11″ card base
- Blushing Bride – 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel
- Very Vanilla – 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″ panel, 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel (inside card)
- Blushing Bride Paper – Sunshine Wishes Thinlits die cut
Stampin’ Up! items used to create this project: