I used the Stampin’ Up! Cool Treats stamp set bundle to create my card for the monthly Totally Techniques blog hop. This month we’re focusing on the baby wipe technique, which is basically creating your own ink pad using a baby wipe. Here is my project:
I created a written tutorial awhile back showing you how to do the baby wipe technique. You can see my tutorial here.
I started by adhering a panel from the Fruit Stand DSP pack to a Thick Whisper White card base with Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
Then I used my Peekaboo Peach, Sweet Sugarpum and Flirty Flamingo ink refills and a baby wipe to create my ink pad and I inked the ice cream images from the Cool Treats photopolymer stamp set with the baby wipe. I cut the stamped images out with the matching Frozen Treats Framelits Die. I used the Frozen Treats Framelits Dies to cut the ice cream cones and chocolate sauce from Crumb Cake and Chocolate Chip card stocks and I adhered the ice cream cones together and to a Whisper White card stock panel with Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
I inked the strawberry images from the Cool Treats stamp set in Flirty Flamingo and Pear Pizzazz inks and stamped them on a separate panel of Whisper White card stock, cut them out with the Frozen Treats Framelits Die and adhered them with a dab of Multipurpose Liquid Glue to the ice cream cones. I stamped the sentiment from the Cool Treats stamp set in Chocolate Chip ink under the ice cream cones and then adhered the stamped panel to a slightly larger panel of Whisper White card stock with Stampin’ Dimensionals. I adhered the layered panel to the card front with Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
I stamped the sentiment from the Cool Treats stamp set in Chocolate Chip ink on a Whisper White panel inside the card and then adhered another ice cream cone made the same way as described above to finish it.
You can find a list of supplies, including card stock cuts, at the very bottom of this post.
Okay, on with the hop! Click the next button to move forward to Shelagh Freemantle’s fantastic project. Or click the previous button to move back to Patrice Halliday-Larsen.
If you get lost along the way, here is a list of the participants in the Totally Techniques Blog Hop:
- Patrice Halliday-Larsen – New Zealand
- Amy Koenders – USA <= You Are Here
- Shelagh Freemantle – Canada
- Marine Wiplier – France
- Shannean Moncrieff – Australia
- Nadine Weiner – Germany
- Zoe Tant – UK
- Barbara Meyer – Australia
January 16 – 31 Host Code: MCZQ49ZP
Use this host code when you order and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in the 2017 Occasions Catalog or the 2016-17 Annual Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets! See my Rewards page for full details.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!
- In addition to my online store, also take PayPal payments for orders – Check my Rewards page for more information.
- I offer gift certificates for Stampin’ Up! merchandise too! Click on my Gift Certificates page for more information.
Card stock cuts for this project:
- Thick Whisper White – 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ card base
- Whisper White – 3-1/4″ x 4-1/2″ panel, 3-3/8″ x 4-5/8″ panel, 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel (inside card)
- Fruit Stand Designer Series Paper – 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ panel
Stampin’ Up! items used to create this project: