I used the Stampin’ Up! Suite Sentiments stamp set to create my card for the monthly Totally Techniques blog hop. This month we’re focusing on the bokeh technique. Here is what I created:
I started by sponging Watermelon Wonders, Daffodil Delight and Flirty Flamingo inks on a panel of Whisper White card stock. Then I used a 2″ Circle Punch, a 1-1/2″Circle Punch, a 1-3/8″ Circle Punch, a 1″ Circle Punch and a 1/2″ Circle Punch to punch holes in pieces of scrap paper.
I randomly placed the circle punched panels on the sponged card stock panel and then sponged Whisper White Craft Stampin’ Ink inside the circle punches on the panel. I gave the panel a quick shot with the Heat Tool to completely dry the Craft Ink and then stamped the sentiment from the Suite Sentiments stamp set in Basic Black Archival Ink on the panel.
I adhered the sponged panel to a panel of Basic Black card stock with SNAIL and then to a Watermelon Wonder card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals. I cut the dragonflies from Basic Black card stock with the Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits Die and adhered the die cut to the card front with touches of Multipurpose Liquid Glue. I colored one of the White Perfect Accents with a Black Sharpie Marker and adhered it next to the sentiment to finish the card front.
I cut a panel of Watermelon Wonder card stock with the Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits Die and then adhered the die cut to a panel of Whisper White card stock with touches of Multipurpose Liquid Glue. I trimmed the excess die cut even with the Whisper White panel and then adhered the panel inside the card to finish it.
You can find a list of supplies, including card stock cuts, at the very bottom of this post.
Okay, on with the hop! Click the next button to move forward to Shelagh Freemantle’s fantastic project.
If you get lost along the way, here is a list of the participants in the Totally Techniques Blog Hop:
- Patrice Halliday-Larsen – New Zealand
- Amy Koenders – USA <= You Are Here
- Shelagh Freemantle – Canada
- Marine Wiplier – France
- Nadine Weiner – Germany
- Zoe Tant – UK
- Barbara Meyer – Australia
- Mathilde Kortekaas – Netherlands
March 16 – 31 Host Code: DWZDQTEN
Use this host code when you order and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in the 2017 Occasions Catalog or the 2016-17 Annual Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets! See my Rewards page for full details.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!
- In addition to my online store, also take PayPal payments for orders – Check my Rewards page for more information.
- I offer gift certificates for Stampin’ Up! merchandise too! Click on my Gift Certificates page for more information.
Card stock cuts for this project:
- Watermelon Wonder – 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ card base, Detailed Dragonfly Thinits die cut
- Basic Black – 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel, Detailed Dragonfly Thinits die cut
- Whisper White – 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″ panel, 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel (inside card)
Stampin’ Up! items used to create this project: