I used the Stampin’ Up! Butterfly Basics stamp set to create my card for the Totally Techniques blog hop. This month we’re focusing on the watercolor spritzing technique. Here is what I created:
I started by stamping the fern images from the Butterfly Basics stamp set in Tranquil Tide (available May 1) and Lemon Lime Twist (available June 1) inks on a panel of Shimmery White card stock. I spritzed the panel with water and a Stampin’ Spritzer and then set the panel aside to dry completely.
I inked the butterfly image from the Butterfly Basics stamp set in Powder Pink ink (available June 1) and then used a Sponge Dauber to add a little Berry Burst ink (available June 1) around the edges. I stamped the butterfly on a panel of Shimmery White card stock and then punched it out with the Bitty Butterfly Punch (retiring May 31).
I stamped the sentiment from the Colorful Seasons photopolymer stamp set (available June 1) in Tranquil Tide ink on the Shimmery White card stock panel, then adhered the panel to a panel of Tranquil Tide card stock with Fast Fuse Adhesive and then to a Berry Burst card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I adhered the butterfly punch next to the sentiment with a Stampin’ Dimensional and then added a silver enamel dot from the Metallic Enamel Shapes pack to finish the card front.
I stamped the fern and butterfly images from the Butterfly Basics stamp set in Lemon Lime Twist, Tranquil Tide, Powder Pink and Berry Bust inks on a panel of Whisper White card stock inside the card.
You can find a list of supplies, including card stock cuts, at the very bottom of this post.
Okay, on with the hop! Click the next button to move forward to Nadine Weiner’s fantastic project.
If you get lost along the way, here is a list of the participants in the Totally Techniques Blog Hop:
- Patrice Halliday-Larsen – New Zealand
- Amy Koenders – USA <= You Are Here
- Nadine Weiner – Germany
- Shelagh Freemantle – Canada
- Marine Wiplier – France
- Shannean Moncrieff – Australia
- Zoe Tant – UK
- Barbara Meyer – Australia
- Mathilde Kortekaas – Netherlands
April 16-30 Host Code: YBZFXHA4
Use this host code when you order and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in the 2017 Occasions Catalog or the 2016-17 Annual Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets! See my Rewards page for full details.
Stampin’ Up! Retiring Sale Going On Now!
Click here to head over to my online store to start shopping the deals and retiring products right now! Let me know if you have any questions. Happy shopping!
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!
- In addition to my online store, also take PayPal payments for orders – Check my Rewards page for more information.
- I offer gift certificates for Stampin’ Up! merchandise too! Click on my Gift Certificates page for more information.
Card stock cuts for this project:
- Tranquil Tide – 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ card base, 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel, 2-3/4″ x 2-3/4″ square
- Fresh Fig – 2-5/8″ x 2-5/8″ square
- Very Vanilla – 2″ Circle Punch, 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel (inside card)
- Gold Foil Sheets – 1/2″ x 5-1/2″ strip
- Eastern Palace Specialty Designer Series Paper – 1-1/4″ x 5-1/8″ panel, 2-5/8″ x 5-1/8″ panel
Stampin’ Up! items used to create this project: