I used the Stampin’ Up! This Little Piggy stamp set to create my card for the Happy Inkin’ Thursday Blog Hop today. We’ve got a sketch challenge this week and this is what I created for it.
Here is the sketch that we’re using this week:
I started by adhering a panel from the Wood Textures DSP Stack to the front of a Crumb Cake card base with Multipurpose Liquid Glue. Then I cut the banner ends in a panel of Powder Pink card stock and Whole Lot of Lovely DSP with my Stampin’ Trimmer and I adhered them with SNAIL over the card front.
I stamped the image from the This Little Piggy stamp set in Basic Gray Archival Ink on a panel of watercolor paper and then I used Soft Sky and Lemon Lime Twist inks with an Aqua Painter to do a watercolor wash on the background. I used my Powder Pink Stampin’ Write Marker to color the pig image and then used a Blender Pen to soften any lines left by the marker. I added a little Flirty Flamingo ink with the Blender Pen to the ears, nose and feet.
I let the image dry completely and then cut it out with a Stitched Shapes Framelits die and adhered it to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals. I covered the pig image on the stamp with a Post-It Note, inked it with Basic Gray ink again, removed the Post-It Note and stamped the sentiment again on a watercolor paper panel. Then I used Powder Pink and an Aqua Painter to add a little color to the background.
I let the sentiment dry completely and then cut it out with the banner die from the Popcorn Box Thinlits dies. I wrapped a strand of Flirty Flamingo Baker’s Twine around the banner a few times and tied a bow, then adhered the banner to the card front with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals. I added some Rhinestone Basic Jewels to finish it.
I stamped the sentiment from the This Little Piggy stamp set in Basic Gray ink and the little pig in Powder Pink ink on a panel of Whisper White card stock inside the card.
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what Shelagh Freemantle has created today.
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
June 16-30 Host Code: M2PRD6N7
Use this host code when you order and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in the 2017 Occasions Catalog or the 2016-17 Annual Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets! See my Rewards page for full details.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!
- In addition to my online store, also take PayPal payments for orders – Check my Rewards page for more information.
- I offer gift certificates for Stampin’ Up! merchandise too! Click on my Gift Certificates page for more information.
Card stock cuts for this project:
- Crumb Cake – 4-1/4″ x 11″ card base
- Powder Pink – 2-1/4″ x 5-1/4″ panel
- Whisper White – 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel (inside card)
- Whole Lot of Lovely Designer Series Paper – 2-1/4″ x 5-1/4″ panel
- Wood Textures Designer Series Paper Stack – 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ panel
- Watercolor Paper – Stitched Shapes Framelits die cut, Popcorn Box Thinlits die cut
Stampin’ Up! items used to create this project: