I used the Stampin’ Up! Carols of Christmas stamp set bundle that will be available beginning August 1 to create my card for the Fab Friday sketch challenge this week.
Here is the sketch for Fab Friday 117. Hope that you’ll stop by the Fab Friday Challenge Blog and play along too!
The theme for my card was inspired by CAS-ual Fridays CFC178.
I started by inking the Sheet Music stamp with Soft Suede ink, stamping it on scrap paper and then stamping it on a panel of Very Vanilla card stock. I ran my Paper Snips along the edges of the panel to distress it a bit, then sponged Soft Suede ink around it. I distressed a panel of Soft Suede card stock in the same manner and then adhered the stamped panel to it with SNAIL and then to a Cherry Cobbler card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I cut two trees from White Vellum with the dies from the Card Front Builder Thinlits Dies set and adhered them with Glue Dots (hidden under the sentiment circle). I stretched out a strand of 1/4″ Copper Trim and adhered it to the card front with Glue Dots. Then I added a strand of Black Mini Sequin Trim over it with more Glue Dots.
I stamped the sentiment from the Carols of Christmas stamp set in Basic Black Archival ink on a panel of Very Vanilla card stock, cut it out with a Stitched Shapes Framelits Die, sponged the edges with Soft Suede ink and adhered it with Stampin’ Dimensionals to the card front.
I stamped the poinsettia images from the Carols of Christmas stamp set in Cherry Cobbler and Old Olive inks (added the flower center with a Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Write Marker) and cut them out with the Card Front Builder Thinlits Dies and adhered them with Glue Dots to finish the card front.
I stamped the sentiment from the Merry Mistletoe stamp set in Soft Suede ink and the flower from the Carols of Christmas stamp set in Cherry Cobbler and Old Olive inks on a Very Vanilla card stock panel. I cut the border with the die from the Card Front Builder Thinlits Dies, sponged the edges with Soft Suede ink and then adhered the panel to the inside of the card base with SNAIL.
You can see a list of supplies, including card stock cuts, for this project at the very bottom of this post.
Head on over to the Fab Friday challenge blog to see what the other design team members have created. Hope that you’ll play along too!
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!
- In addition to my online store, also take PayPal payments for orders – Check my Rewards page for more information.
- I offer gift certificates for Stampin’ Up! merchandise too! Click on my Gift Certificates page for more information.
Card stock cuts for this project:
- Cherry Cobbler – 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ card base
- Soft Suede – 3-3/4″ x 5″ panel
- Very Vanilla – 3-5/8″ x 4-7/8″ panel, Stitched Shapes Framelits die cut, two Card Front Builder Thinlits die cuts, 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel (inside card)
- White Vellum – two Card Front Builder Thinlits die cuts
Stampin’ Up! items used to create this project: