I used the Stampin’ Up! Musical Season stamp set bundle that will be available beginning September 1 to create my card for the Fab Friday sketch challenge this week. My card was inspired by one that Leena Girsa created. You can see her beautiful project here.
Here is the sketch for Fab Friday 119. Hope that you’ll stop by the Fab Friday Challenge Blog and play along too!
I started by adhering a panel of Cherry Cobbler card stock to an Always Artichoke card base with SNAIL. I added one of the gold Foil Snowflakes (available Sept 1) with a little SNAIL to adhere it. Then I sponged a panel from the Merry Music Specialty DSP with Soft Suede ink and adhered it over the Foil Snowflake with SNAIL.
I cut four Garden Green and four Always Artichoke branches with the Christmas Staircase Thinlits Dies (available Sept 1) and I adhered them to the card front with Multipurpose Liquid Glue. I cut the french horn with one of the Musical Instruments Framelits Dies (available Sept 1) from Gold Foil Sheets and I stamped one of the images from the Musical Season stamp set (available Sept 1) across the end in VersaMark Ink, sprinkled it with Gold Stampin’ Emboss Powder and heat embossed it. I adhered the die cut to the card front with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I stamped the sentiment from the Musical Season stamp set in VersaMark ink on a strip of Whisper White card stock, sprinkled it with Gold Stampin’ Emboss Powder and heat embossed it. I punched the end of the strip with the Banner Triple Punch and then sponged it with Soft Suede ink. I adhered the sentiment to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals and added a few Cherry Cobbler enamel dots from the Regals Enamel Shapes pack to finish it.
I stamped the sentiment from the Musical Season stamp set in VersaMark ink on a panel of Whisper White card stock, sprinkled it with Gold Stampin’ Emboss Powder and heat embossed it. I inked the branch image from the Musical Season stamp set in Soft Suede ink, stamped it on scrap paper and then stamped it over the sentiment. I sponged the edges with Soft Suede ink to finish the inside of the card.
You can see a list of supplies, including card stock cuts, for this project at the very bottom of this post.
Head on over to the Fab Friday challenge blog to see what the other design team members have created. Hope that you’ll play along too!
August 16-31 Host Code: Y7APQUE4
Use this host code when you order and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in the 2017-18 Annual Catalog OR 2017 Holiday Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets! See my Rewards page for full details.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!
- In addition to my online store, also take PayPal payments for orders – Check my Rewards page for more information.
- I offer gift certificates for Stampin’ Up! merchandise too! Click on my Gift Certificates page for more information.
Card stock cuts for this project:
- Always Artichoke – 4-1/4″ x 11″ card base, four Christmas Staircase Thinlits die cuts
- Cherry Cobbler – 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel
- Garden Green – four Christmas Staircase Thinlits die cuts
- Whisper White – 5/8″ x 4-1/4″ strip, 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel (inside card)
- Merry Music Specialty Designer Series Paper – 3-3/8″ x 4-1/2″ panel
- Gold Foil Sheets – Musical Instruments Framelits Die cuts
Stampin’ Up! items used to create this project: