I was so honored to be asked to be a guest designer for the month of September for the Stamp Ink Paper Challenge Blog! We’ve got a color challenge this week and I used the Stampin’ Up! Beachy Little Christmas stamp set to create my card to share. The stamp set is designed to be used for beach themed Christmas cards…but I feel like it works for other occasions too! 🙂
Here are the colors for Stamp Ink Paper #115. Stop by the challenge blog to see what the other Design Team members have created and to play along too!
I started by adhering a panel from the Wood Textures DSP Stack to the front of a Thick Whisper White card base with Multipurpose Liquid Glue. Then I stamped the house images from the Beachy Little Christmas stamp set in Basic Gray Archival ink on a panel of Watercolor Paper. I used a Stamp-a-ma-jig to help me line them up.
I used an Aqua Painter and just water to wet the panel, then I added a little Pool Party ink over the entire background. I let the panel dry completely, then used my So Saffron, Smoky Slate and Pool Party Stampin’ Write Markers to color in the images on the beach houses. I adhered the watercolor panel to a panel of Pool Party card stock, then to a So Saffron card stock and finally to the card front with Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
I wrapped a strand of Linen Thread around the card front twice and then tied a small bow. I tucked one of the hearts from the Corrugated Elements pack under the bow and adhered it with Glue Dots, then added a Rhinestone Basic Jewel. I stamped the sentiment from the Happy Birthday Gorgeous stamp set in Basic Gray ink and then stamped the frame around it in Smoky Slate ink on a panel of Wood Textures DSP. I punched it out with the Classic Label Punch and adhered it with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I stamped the sentiment from the Happy Birthday Gorgeous stamp set in Pool Party ink, then added shells from the Beachy Little Christmas stamp set in Smoky Slate, So Saffron and Pool Party inks on a Whisper White panel inside the card.
You can see a list of supplies used to create this project, including card stock cuts, at the very bottom of this post.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!
- In addition to my online store, also take PayPal payments for orders – Check my Rewards page for more information.
- I offer gift certificates for Stampin’ Up! merchandise too! Click on my Gift Certificates page for more information.
Card stock cuts for this project:
- Thick Whisper White – 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ card base
- So Saffron – 2-7/8″ x 5-/2″ panel
- Pool Party – 2-5/8″ x 5-/2″ panel
- Whisper White – 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel (inside card)
- Watercolor Paper – 2-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ panel
- Wood Textures Designer Series Paper Stack – 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ panel, Classic Label Punch
Stampin’ Up! items used to create this project: