I used the Seasonal Lantern stamp set from Stampin’ Up! to create my card for the Happy Inkin’ Thursday Blog Hop today. We’ve got a sketch challenge this week and this is what I created for it.
Here is the sketch that we’re using this week:
The sketch also works with Global Design Project #GDP104.
I started by adhering strips from the Painted Autumn DSP to the top and bottom of an Early Espresso card base with Multipurpose Liquid Glue. Then I adhered strips of Year of Cheer Specialty Washi Tape over the DSP. I embossed a panel of Early Espresso card stock with the Pinewood Planks embossing folder and I adhered that to the card front with Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
I cut an oval from Gold Foil Sheets with the Stitched Shapes Framelits die and and oval from the Painted Autumn DSP with a Layering Ovals Framelits Die. I adhered the two panels together and to the card front with Multipurpose Liquid Glue. Then I wrapped a strand of Linen Thread around the card front twice and tied a bow.
I stamped the sentiment from the Seasonal Lantern photopolymer stamp set in Early Espresso ink on a strip of Very Vanilla card stock. I punched both ends of the panel with the Banner Triple Punch, then adhered the sentiment banner to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals. I added a gold enamel dot from the Metallic Enamel Shapes pack to finish it.
I adhered a strip of the Painted Autumn DSP to a panel of Very Vanilla card stock inside the card.
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what Shelagh Freemantle has created today.
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
- Amy Koenders – You Are Here
- Shelagh Freemantle
- Mary Deatherage
- Jari Francis
- Kristi Gray
- Jaimie Babarczy
September 1-15 Host Code: XQHDGZ7W
Use this host code when you order and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in the 2017-18 Annual Catalog OR 2017 Holiday Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets! See my Rewards page for full details.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!
- In addition to my online store, also take PayPal payments for orders – Check my Rewards page for more information.
- I offer gift certificates for Stampin’ Up! merchandise too! Click on my Gift Certificates page for more information.
Card stock cuts for this project:
- Early Espresso – 4-1/4″ x 11″ card base, 4-1/4″ x 4-3/4″ panel
- Very Vanilla – 1/2″ x 5″ strip, 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel (inside card)
- Painted Autumn Designer Series Paper – two 1/2″ x 4-1/4″ strips, Layering Ovals Framelits die cut, 1/2″ x 4″ strip (inside card)
- Gold Foil Sheets – Stitched Shapes Framelits die cut
Stampin’ Up! items used to create this project: