I used the Gourd Goodness and Birthday Banners stamp sets from Stampin’ Up! to create my card for the Happy Inkin’ Thursday Blog Hop today. We’ve got a color challenge this week and this is what I created for it.
Here are the colors that we’re using this week:
My card design was inspired by CAS(E) this Sketch #239.
I started by adhering a panel from the Spooky Night DSP to the front of a Basic Black card base with Multipurpose Liquid Glue. Then I stamped the pumpkin and leaf images from the Gourd Goodness photopolymer stamp set in Cajun Craze, Pumpkin Pie and Basic Black Archival inks on a panel of Very Vanilla card stock. The more solid leaf and pumpkin stem images were stamped on scrap paper once before stamping them on the panel. The pumpkins were both stamped full strength.
I adhered the stamped panel to a panel of Cajun Craze card stock and then to the card front with Multipurpose Liquid Glue. I stamped the sentiment from the Birthday Banners photopolymer stamp set in Basic Black Archival ink on a strip of Very Vanilla card stock and then adhered it to the card front with Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
I wrapped a strand of Basic Black Solid Baker’s Twine around the card front twice and tied a bow. Then I added some random Black Rhinestone Jewels to finish the card front.
I stamped the sentiment from the Birthday Banners stamp set in Basic Black Archival ink and the leaf images from the Gourd Goodness stamp set in Cajun Craze ink (background leaf stamped off once) on a Very Vanilla panel inside the card.
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what Shelagh Freemantle has created today.
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
- Amy Koenders – You Are Here
- Shelagh Freemantle
- Mary Deatherage
- Jari Francis
- Kristi Gray
- Jaimie Babarczy
September 16-31 Host Code: ABMDXJMM
Use this host code when you order and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in the 2017-18 Annual Catalog OR 2017 Holiday Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets! See my Rewards page for full details.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!
- In addition to my online store, also take PayPal payments for orders – Check my Rewards page for more information.
- I offer gift certificates for Stampin’ Up! merchandise too! Click on my Gift Certificates page for more information.
Card stock cuts for this project:
- Basic Black – 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ card base
- Cajun Craze – 3-1/8″ x 5″ panel
- Very Vanilla – 3″ x 4-3/8″ panel, 1/2″ x 5-1/4″ strip, 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel (inside card)
- Spooky Night Designer Series Paper –4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ panel
Stampin’ Up! items used to create this project: